TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: 2 Jiangsha Middle School (Quzhou) Chinese students killed on their way to English camp in Califo
#1 Parent Shortbread biscuits - 2013-07-11
Re: 2 Jiangsha Middle School (Quzhou) Chinese students killed on their way to English camp in Califo

No big deal

As is drinking Boddingtons BITTER in China, no big deal too,right?

#2 Parent foxy - 2013-07-10
Re: 2 Jiangsha Middle School (Quzhou) Chinese students killed on their way to English camp in Califo

Your lack of compassion is really awesome, silverboy. You've done a very good job of revealing your true nature. Nothing new about that, though.

Maybe Silverboy had partaken of a few tinnies shortly before posting that post. Alcohol can affect some people by making them sombre! I regard him as a great bloke. And there are others on this board with the same view as me. But of course, just like me, he has his detractors! No big deal.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-10

Your lack of compassion is really awesome, silverboy. You've done a very good job of revealing your true nature. Nothing new about that, though.

Hahaha- Don't worry, Silverboy is our rough diamond, but deep down he's a sensitive creature with a generosity of spirit. Started life in the dainty shoes of a fashion model- later swapped those for the size 12 hobnails of an Aussie hod-carrier on numerous construction sites- a gritty life of hard toil, tinnies and catcalls of "Get em off darling!" before becoming a talented English teacher. He does still stick that cement encrusted size 12 right in it from time to time....but he's okay and would give you the last few noodles in his bowl.

#4 Parent fromthebeginning - 2013-07-10

Sure tragedies happen everywhere all the time. But we grieve because we are human and because without that who are we really? It may be trite but it really does "take a village."

And no, it's not because of them being Chinese girls. It's more about shattered hopes and dreams. It's even about the one child policy in a way. I imagine the heartache of the parents who have put so much love and energy into that one child.

Yeah, I like the Chinese. I've taught many Chinese immigrants in America before and since teaching in China for six years. I feel as though I know their hearts, especially the village people, and believe me their hearts make yours look awfully damn small.

Return to Index › Re: 2 Jiangsha Middle School (Quzhou) Chinese students killed on their way to English camp in Califo

Go to another board -