TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Feedback on DWW English Guangzhou
#1 Parent Shortbread biscuits - 2013-07-11
Re: Feedback on DWW English Guangzhou

Money can be saved, just not in guangzhou, you need to change your locale and thinking, nowt personal mind!

#2 Parent Just an Observation - 2013-07-11

I do actually, you can call it being frugal and responsible

It is absolutely not responsible to take a full-time job in Guangzhou that only pays 11,000RMB.

Guangzhou isn't an exurb north of Chengdu - first tier city life is incredibly expensive.

#3 Parent Shortbread biscuits - 2013-07-11

Do you enjoy proving you can survive on less?

I do actually, you can call it being frugal and responsible, and perhaps my job on here. I got 8,000 rmb a month just outside Chengdu, and was able to save nearly all of it. It's not difficult if you put your mind to it, and no part time jobs needed!

#4 Parent Just an Observation - 2013-07-10

"A girl I know in Shenzhen earns 3,000 rmb a month and lives 4 to a room as a graduate"

And I'm sure there's someone from Liberia living in Xiao Bei who earns 1500RMB a month and shares a 30 Meter apartment with 5 others. What does that have to do with standards of pay in the world of ESL in a first tier city in China?

"Steak every night"

Dramatic much???

11,000 RMB in 2013 in Guangzhou is a shit salary, period. However, if you enjoy getting paid less than average teacher, far be it from me to get in your way.

Do you enjoy proving you can survive on less?

Hey, why not make it 5 in a unairconditioned room in Shenzhen? You can cook chicken feet in the shared rice cooker and drink warm water - you know you can save on electricity if you don't plug in the water cooler;)

#5 Parent Shortbread biscuits - 2013-07-10

what are you eating? Steak each night?

A girl I know in Shenzhen earns 3,000 rmb a month and lives 4 to a room as a graduate. Don't eat western crap and you can save, and dont get involved with greedy lazy guangdong girls, body!

#6 Parent Just an Observation - 2013-07-10

I wouldn't work for a center offering such shitty pay. 11,000 RMB in Guangzhou is not enough to live comfortably.

Return to Index › Re: Feedback on DWW English Guangzhou

Go to another board -