TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-18
Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province

Hi Sboy one interesting point I heard an acquaintance make regarding East Asia is that Thai folks will actually have more in common with Westerners in terms of living habits than they do with the Chinese. It is very interesting, considering how close in proximity these two places are. You have had personal experiences with both areas, and I wonder what your opinion is.

I would say that in terms of living habitat the Chinese have more in common with Westerners. If a Westerner buys a Chinese flat(probably with his wife) he will manage to get half of the value of that flat, should he divorce or something; whereas in Thailand the Westerner has no property rights at all, and thousands of Westerners every year lose everything they had.
#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-07-18
Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province

Hi Sboy one interesting point I heard an acquaintance make regarding East Asia is that Thai folks will actually have more in common with Westerners in terms of living habits than they do with the Chinese. It is very interesting, considering how close in proximity these two places are. You have had personal experiences with both areas, and I wonder what your opinion is.

Return to Index › Re: Stay away from SHANE school in Dongying, Shandong Province

Go to another board -