TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Crooked justice in Dubai
#1 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-24
Re: Crooked justice in Dubai

To be fair, Dubai is pretty open about the laws, the idiots who break them know what they are getting into. Accounts of brits being arrested for pissing in the streets, sorry but they deserve it. You wouldn't piss on the floor in your own house when drunk, yet it seems that a lot think it is ok to do so overseas. Might not get you arrested in China, but Dubai while not as strict as other islamic places, does have it's own house rules. When in China, you wouldn't break laws, just the same in that place. There have been enough cases and warnings, seems some people never learn. But yes, you are right, don't go there if you need money, I also feel it is madness.

I see-well maybe i didn't get things absolutely correct in my post-thanks for correcting me.

I am very pleased that you are back in action, Sewer Worker- you speak a lot of sense- a breath of fresh air, if I may say so.

#2 Parent Davyhulme Sewage Worker - 2013-07-24

To be fair, Dubai is pretty open about the laws, the idiots who break them know what they are getting into. Accounts of brits being arrested for pissing in the streets, sorry but they deserve it. You wouldn't piss on the floor in your own house when drunk, yet it seems that a lot think it is ok to do so overseas. Might not get you arrested in China, but Dubai while not as strict as other islamic places, does have it's own house rules. When in China, you wouldn't break laws, just the same in that place. There have been enough cases and warnings, seems some people never learn. But yes, you are right, don't go there if you need money, I also feel it is madness.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-23

Crooked justice in Dubai

A 24 y/o female Norwegian architect working in Dubai was raped by one of her male colleagues after a party when she got a bit drunk. She reported that colleague to Dubai police, and the end of the story was that both her and her colleague received a 15-month prison sentence by a Dubai court for having sex before marriage and drinking alcohol.

Due to intervention by the Norwegian Embassy in Dubai, finally both the woman and the rapist were "pardoned" and set free again.

What does that tell us about justice being done in Dubai?

It tells me that we shouldn't be having anything to do with these primitives. The other poster who responded to you suggested you should be careful because we do "busine$$" with them- I say that I'd rather live on bread and jam than be held hostage to my own greed. This poor female should never have exposed herself to the dangers by working in the wretched country for any amount of money.

Return to Index › Re: Crooked justice in Dubai

Go to another board -