TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Far too many posts hostile to women on here in the last time
#1 Parent foxy - 2013-07-29
Re: Far too many posts hostile to women on here in the last time

I have been very lucky to have worked at some good schools. But then again these were government schools in small towns that had to treat their foriegn teachers well in order to get them to renew. These schools also bring their teachers on Z visas.

I disagree. Govt schools in China are also out to maximize profit these days.

When they can't get foreign teachers holding Z visas, some of them will take foreign teachers without Z visas. Now, the situation was like that visa-wise before July 1. I suspect it won't be like that these days, but one can't be absolutely certain of that!

Haven't you seen public high schools in China with neon lights on their buildings advertising themselves to passers-by after dark?

#2 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-29

I have been very lucky to have worked at some good schools. But then again these were government schools in small towns that had to treat their foriegn teachers well in order to get them to renew. These schools also bring their teachers on Z visas. But you know as I know that private schools are there to rake in the cash from anybody they can fleece. In public schools we are there for "face" or because of some government laws that Chinese students have to have a foreign techer sometime in their academic career. From the regular posters on here most work or have worked at public schools. They recommend others to work at public schools because of the standard contract and legal work visa they receive, am I right or am I right?

I think what you say rings true enough in its entirety.

#3 Parent juanisaac - 2013-07-29

I have been very lucky to have worked at some good schools. But then again these were government schools in small towns that had to treat their foriegn teachers well in order to get them to renew. These schools also bring their teachers on Z visas. But you know as I know that private schools are there to rake in the cash from anybody they can fleece. In public schools we are there for "face" or because of some government laws that Chinese students have to have a foreign techer sometime in their academic career. From the regular posters on here most work or have worked at public schools. They recommend others to work at public schools because of the standard contract and legal work visa they receive, am I right or am I right?

#4 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-28

To save some money or make some money do not underestimate what some bosses will do. I friend of mine who had been working in Batao told me that he had his Shanghai based boss spend 2,500 Yuan to fly to the remote school to make sure a parting teacher would not recieve her 5,000 Yuan bonus. Anything that helps thebargaining position of a boss is not beyond their underhanded schemes.

I know that there are occasions when you can't avoid being fleeced by a Chinese boss- I'm afraid this does go with the territory and we should all know the risks before we arrive and try and minimise those risks. What I can't understand is those who claim to have been fleeced right left and centre on numerous occasions and yet they still continue to work in China, and grumble about China all the time into the bargain. Then, the self same people have the temerity to refer to me as pretty strange hahaha.

#5 Parent juanisaac - 2013-07-27

To save some money or make some money do not underestimate what some bosses will do. I friend of mine who had been working in Batao told me that he had his Shanghai based boss spend 2,500 Yuan to fly to the remote school to make sure a parting teacher would not recieve her 5,000 Yuan bonus. Anything that helps thebargaining position of a boss is not beyond their underhanded schemes.

#6 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-27

You missed the point again: If an FT wants to use prostitutes they can easily find them themselves. They can decide for themselves. A school "boss" should not be offering them to teachers, a bit unprofessional don't you think? And the boss is likely to have used the hooker himself and will know her. She could be used to help blackmail an FT. T is right, you are wrong!

Why on earth would any-body want to blackmail an oral English teacher!? hahaha- maybe to divulge what squat he will be dossing in when he returns to his own country?

Return to Index › Re: Far too many posts hostile to women on here in the last time

Go to another board -