TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teaching jobs without degree requirements.
#1 Parent Anti-Pretend "Teachers" League - 2013-07-30
Rubbish entitlement mentality

I am on the hunt for a English teaching job and was disappointed to find out that the Chinese government no longer accept Teachers without a Ba degree or higher.

It is astounding to see the entitlement mentality non-degree holders have with respect to getting an ESL "teaching" job! If the applicant is not educated well enough, his future students at decent schools (and not "schools") also have the right to have a fully qualified teacher in front of them in class. What does make you think you can "teach" English without proper education and formal recognized training? I think the Chinese government is right not to admit any degreeless and other non-qualified people any longer for teaching jobs in China. They unfortunately have done so for quite a long time, and if they are changing their policies in this respect, then it's high time and a good thing to do.

Folks like you have no right whatsoever to expect to be given a teaching job just because they turn up and ask for it (in lack of other opportunities, with an ESL "teaching" job as their last resort). Hey, what can you "teach" if you know nothing and have no training in teaching methodologies and all that which is behind it? The only "right" you have, as far as I can see, is to get educated before being given any kind of teaching job at all!

Luan Snyman - 2013-07-30
Teaching jobs without degree requirements.

Hello Everyone

I am on the hunt for a English teaching job and was disappointed to find out that the Chinese government no longer accept Teachers without a Ba degree or higher.
Now. I was hoping some experienced people out there could help me out. I've found my passion in teaching English and I only want to help others find it too.
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to Index › Teaching jobs without degree requirements.

Go to another board -