TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › IS IT POSSIBLE MY BOSS HAS A FAKE DEGREE
#1 Parent San Migs - 2013-08-02
Re: IS IT POSSIBLE MY BOSS HAS A FAKE DEGREE

These expats could not care less about what you or I think. They only live for themselves.

Unfortunately, asia will continue to be a haven for these sociopathic personality types who think of themselves as god and don't have compassion or empathy for others.

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-08-02

Thanks for the reply Barbara. Yes, this kind of expat is what you would find in a place like China. Low character, low intelligence, low amount of common sense. You wonder how he ended up where he is at.

Generally, chinese bosses will promote the less intelligent expats to the position of manager because they are easier to control. Most of the time these expats fit a certain "look" and even they know they got there because of it. All they have to do is to bury their heads in the sand, cause a little bit of strife amongst the other foreign teachers, and just generally be their selfish selves because it doesn't matter what they do so as long as they play along with the charade. These expats could not care less about what you or I think. They only live for themselves.

#3 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-31

He taking people down his path as well. he can give quite destructive advice to his colleagues. For example, he told someone it is not necessary to keep a bank account in their home country and paying bills is not necessary since you no longer reside in your country of origin!!!!!!!! What!? These people are blowing their credit history out the window!

So it is not only this fake degree issue, but one that can bust him out of school so he does not give bad and destructive advice to young starry eyed newbie expat.

I am in total agreement with you about your credit history and servicing that. You should have a direct debit connected to your Western credit card and use that card once a month, that'll do-utility bills don't mean a thing unless you don't pay them There is something you can do about not being on the electoral list for an extended period by contacting the three main(in UK) credit checking companies-Experian and others.

As for having a fake degree-well that shows a lot about a body-ingenuity, determination, thinking on your feet and finding ways around obstacles. Some of us with fake degrees even eventually convince ourselves that our degrees are indeed real- to such an extent that there could even be FT's on a forum joining an argument and maintaining that fake degree holders are the scum of the earth hahaha. Not that we have any of those on this discussion site-but maybe on that 'degree site' SB keeps on about-maybe Dr Smidt,Shuan or shorn and Woodbine Willie are all sev#cret fake degree people hahaha. Not being serious about that but just for the sake of argument. all good fun hahaha.

#4 Parent Davyhulme Sewage Worker - 2013-07-31

Actually Barbara, for FT's like foxy who live in China long term, and also myself, I do not have any kind of bank account in the UK, not one at all, and If I do, it certainly has no money in it.

I would say his advice is very sensible for ft's who live in china for the long term, why accrue bank fees in your country of origin? And all the hassle involved in paying them, makes more sense to open a local account.

#5 Parent Barbara - 2013-07-30

He taking people down his path as well. he can give quite destructive advice to his colleagues. For example, he told someone it is not necessary to keep a bank account in their home country and paying bills is not necessary since you no longer reside in your country of origin!!!!!!!! What!? These people are blowing their credit history out the window!

So it is not only this fake degree issue, but one that can bust him out of school so he does not give bad and destructive advice to young starry eyed newbie expat.

#6 Parent Dragonized - 2013-07-29

Fake degree holders are so prevalent these days that the people who lie about them are the ones who feel entitled to tell others that they should not be judged for doing this. What you are doing is being thoughtful, and trying to find the truth. There are a few posters on here who try to play devil's advocate but do not let them get to you. If you were treated unfairly by this boss, it wouldn't matter if his degree was real or not. The fact that he isn't the best human being to hang around is more than enough for me to stay away from wherever he is posting. Thank you! Please keep us updated if you can.

#7 Parent Beelzebub - 2013-07-28

I have an arousing suspicion that my former boss has a 'bogus' degree. Here are the following reasons:

The college he claims he got his entire M.Ed online.
He did not know how to transfer money out of China, claiming that he never has in the seven years he has been there, yet he got his 'degree' two years ago.
A M.ED I think requires one to work at an accredited school.
The current one is but his previous school is not. He spent the bulk of his 'academic' career at a small, somewhat unknown 'international school' in the southern part of China.

Am I being paranoid? I got somewhat bullied by this person and want to know.

When I was a young man in England, Barbara, it was accepted that if you lied about you CV and got away with it, you were probably good enough to do the job in the first place- these days alas the culture is to snitch as much as possible. It's not your business to concern yourself with your bosses qualifications- You are merely an oral English teacher like most of us FT's

Do not compromise your own mortal soul by seeking revenge in the way you indicate. You should find another way to deal with his bullying- or if that is now in the past, move on-forget about it- revenge can make you bitter and twisted- you know that makes sense?

Barbara - 2013-07-28
IS IT POSSIBLE MY BOSS HAS A FAKE DEGREE

I have an arousing suspicion that my former boss has a 'bogus' degree. Here are the following reasons:

The college he claims he got his entire M.Ed online.
He did not know how to transfer money out of China, claiming that he never has in the seven years he has been there, yet he got his 'degree' two years ago.
A M.ED I think requires one to work at an accredited school.
The current one is but his previous school is not. He spent the bulk of his 'academic' career at a small, somewhat unknown 'international school' in the southern part of China.

Am I being paranoid? I got somewhat bullied by this person and want to know.

Return to Index › IS IT POSSIBLE MY BOSS HAS A FAKE DEGREE

Go to another board -