TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Guangdong's Chocolate City
#1 Parent foxy - 2013-08-12
Re: Guangdong's Chocolate City

I admire what the folks who immigrated from Africa to who are self-serving types China have done. Keep in mind they are the expats who get the most crap. Thus you have the most folks who actually have the guts to stand up for what they believe in because they are simply sick of the crappy treatment. Something that blue eyed foreigners seem to lack.

Yep, they are following their true and decent principles, unlike most other expats in China, who are self-serving pretenders, many of whom are snobs who resort to blowing their own trumpets.
I take my hat off to the Africans!

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-08-12

I admire what the folks who immigrated from Africa to China have done. Keep in mind they are the expats who get the most crap. Thus you have the most folks who actually have the guts to stand up for what they believe in because they are simply sick of the crappy treatment. Something that blue eyed foreigners seem to lack.

#3 Parent juanisaac - 2013-08-11

The Africans might have their Chinese detractors, but I like them. They are some of the FEW foreigners that actually aknowledge and say hi to you. At least the ones around my province do.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2013-08-11

Many were overstaying visas also, although many african countries did object when their nationals were stranded in Macau.

I think this is partly the reason Guangdong requires the criminal clearance now, that and the behaviour of a lot of younger fellows in Shenzhen, with the booze and drugs.

#5 Parent foxy - 2013-08-11

Here's some more about 'Choc City' aka 'Little Africa', a Chinese city with a large foreign community. Note the two demonstrations by Africans in Guangdong - they won't have gone down well with the PSB there. In their wake, negative repercussions for expats have undoubtedly resulted, including the new draconian Chinese visa regulations.

http://news.echinacities.com/detail/8410-Expat-towns-in-China-5-Chinese-Cities-with-Large-Foreign-Communities

Max - 2013-08-10
Guangdong's Chocolate City
Return to Index › Guangdong's Chocolate City

Go to another board -