TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Mission Impossible
#1 Parent Davyhulme Settlement Tank Cleaner - 2013-08-17
Re: Mission Impossible

There are indeed arrogant expats everywhere. Indeed on these boards. Would not say I have a limited scope, just I know many dread returning to their homelands and being a kindergarten teacher for some, is better than sleeping under a bridge on cardboard each night. Each to their own!!!

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-08-16

There are arrogant expats who work in the ESL field, that is a fact. At the same time these arrogant expats will bow down incessantly to those who employ them and won't think about how the unethical treatment can become a major hindrance to people who just want to teach, enjoy life, and have a little fun living abroad. Most of the time these folks will get a "small promotion" of sorts and become the de facto head teacher, manager, or DOS at whichever private and even public outfit they may work at due to the turnover rate of foreign teachers being so high there. Your own attitude strikes me as that of someone who is like this. Your own bias towards thinking teachers as being ungrateful blinds you to the very fact that most people in this world are still decent and good. But it is they who suffer the most when they are employed at these unprofessional places. You could not care less though, your own limited spectrum of seeing how the world works shows that.

#3 Parent Davyhulme Settlement Tank Cleaner - 2013-08-16

They have got you and the other foreign "teachers" performing like white monkeys in a muppet show.

I'd agree, and I don't like TC's much, BUT, are we not all TOKENS in a show, even at public jobs? Two older white guys I knew refused to take part in just singing ONE english song, they could even have mimed along at a cushy public college job with very nice flat, but they were too arrogant and lazy to even agree to that, even though they were getting paid very well for the number of class hours. Seems some people need to leave their hubris at sydney or dallas airport when they come to China, being arrogant won't go down well with the Chinese, esp. when they see you have an easier and better paid job than them. You strike me as someone who should never come to China again, it is simply not suitable for you, as you grouse too much. Seems you don't like people much anywhere though! Anyway. good luck!

Return to Index › Re: Mission Impossible

Go to another board -