TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: An Olive Branch. A hand of friendship from Woodbine Willie
#1 Parent t jr - 2013-09-01
Re: An Olive Branch. A hand of friendship from Woodbine Willie

Aah, another reformation? You came to China with expectations to change the hygiene habits of the Chinese?

Sad.

An lifetime opportunity squandered by pettiness, bias, prejudices.

#2 Parent JH KELLOGG - 2013-08-20

Brought it with me from the uk and bought extra in hk. foxy is right,perfume is better,nowt personal mind

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-08-20

If you aren't willing to spend 25 RMB every couple of weeks or so to avoid stinking like shit, you really need to reconsider your life.

#4 Parent John Harvey Kellogg - 2013-08-20

True. Deodorant is pretty expensive. Was in carrefour (jia le fu) in this city I am currently in the other day, roll on averaged around 27 rmb per stick. I'll check watsons (like boots in the UK!) to see if they are any cheaper. Your way is the best I wager, foxy!!!

#5 Parent foxy - 2013-08-19

The lack of antiperspirants on Chinese shop shelves can be a problem.

True.
Chinese people are by and large less hairy than westerners. Deoderants are therefore not in demand.
Many of the menfolk needn't shave, the lucky blighters, and armpit hair is rare, for both sexes.
I've bought cheap perfume, and spray it onto my armpits. It works okay for about a day at a time.
BTW, I'm touched that you will pray for our resident padre. It's a pity he won't recognize your kind gesture in public. Still, you've tried your best to make peace with him. You couldn't have done more!

Return to Index › Re: An Olive Branch. A hand of friendship from Woodbine Willie

Go to another board -