TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Criminal background check
#1 Parent San Migs - 2013-08-31
Re: Criminal background check

In July the new z visa regulation states you now must have a criminal background check as part of the z visa process

I know that beijing now has this, and guangdong has had it for some time. I am still not sure it is all the provinces though, Jiangsu may well be different. This is indeed worrying! I agree with T, you should go home and straighten things out.

Earl Mckernan - 2013-08-30
Criminal background check

I have been an ESL teacher for over 14 years in 5 different countries. I have spent a total of 9 years in various universities and at Web international training centers. I have not been back to USA for 9 years so it is difficult to get a criminal background check if I haven't lived in America for 9 years. This past June my former Web training center did not update my residence permit and I asked them when I first started working for them to please take me to the police station to be legal. The Human resources person refused and said everything would be ok as a result of this I was booted out in June of this year by the police. By the way this was in Huai'an Jiangsu province in China. In July the new z visa regulation states you now must have a criminal background check as part of the z visa process. I believe I cannot work in China now. Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea also has this policy. I am currently in Kenya looking for a teaching job online. I am inquiring if any teacher knows of any schools or training centers who need a teacher. I am willing to go to another country in Asia or outside of Asia if there is a good teaching job available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Return to Index › Criminal background check

Go to another board -