TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: How to spot a headache.....
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-09-28
Re: How to spot a headache.....

How does this make sense? I attend College online in America, and will be starting a Chinese course here in January, while working on the side.

Wouldn't recommend that, if you are on a student visa!

I know that Chinese universities do tend to turn a blind eye to international students doing teaching jobs on the side. After all, teaching English to a few kids is far less offensive to greater society than let's say, prostitution, an industry in which the higher end of the market in China will often employ a few of the prettier Russian/ex-Soviet bloc and Mongolian female international students that are studying in the larger cities.

But please be warned, it certainly appears that they are cracking down on visa violations these days, as a full-time teacher myself that teaches relatively little hours, I am refusing p/t teaching work for a reason. I know of an young American guy on a tourist visa who seems to have suddenly 'gone home for good', you don't want to be like him, do you?

#2 Parent Necro - 2013-09-28
Re: How to spot a headache.....

Yes, please, come to China when you are 24, 26, 27 for a few years and waste your life!

Would you mind elaborating?

If you want to be unemployable for the rest of your life then go and teach English in China when you're 24 or 25. Very irresponsible for anyone to suggest it is a "career move" it is nothing of the sort!

How does this make sense? I attend College online in America, and will be starting a Chinese course here in January, while working on the side. The degrees and certifications will make me very employable, not to mention another language added to the list. I've noticed that being in China builds character for some, also life lessons were picked up along the way. Your post is somewhat angry and short sighted..Your grouping generations of people you've never met and shoved them into a category of unemployment based on their decisions to be adventurous and follow a path that you don't see fit.. I thought wisdom came with age.. Seems like for the elder foreigners here.. the older you get.. the more ignorant you become.. That could explain some of the marriages and the "Everything's changing!" and "It wasn't like this 17 years ago." quotes I see on here.. It's funny.. even on forums people are see through..

Return to Index › Re: How to spot a headache.....

Go to another board -