TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Huizhou University - where is their Department of Fyling Carpets?...LOL
#1 Parent The Lynn President - 2014-03-13
Re: Huizhou University - Lynn the fake

No, no right at all. Lynn is or was the President of Takataka in Wonderland. They had no airplanes then, only flying carpets.
Hope you have a laugh now as well...LOL

For those that need a laugh. Lynn at Huizhou University claims to be the past president of a university in Canada.
#2 Parent pat52 - 2014-03-13
Re: Huizhou University - Lynn the fake

For those that need a laugh. Lynn at Huizhou University claims to be the past president of a university in Canada.

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-12
Re: Huizhou Cloacallege

I'm sure that most of the regular posters on this board are perfectly capable of judging my level of intelligence. Not that I am even one of the more intelligent members or anything, but I do not feel that I have any reason to feel insecure in that respect either. Make of that what you will.

#4 Parent Legality and Professionalism - 2013-11-12

I'm just gonna repeat what I said before and since they are gonna edit it, I will phrase it as "of an intelligence inferior to many other people's".

#5 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-11

you seem rather [edited]. What kind of utmost nonsense have you confabulated in your head about me working there?
Besides, what is this idiocy of "this is how they do it"? The name I used in that comment was "Legality and Professionalism", not "some law breakers in some countries do things some way, according to some stupid laowai ([edited])"

I am not going to give you such a lengthy response this time, I'm just going to state the evidence at hand:

1.) You are seeking to slag off other certain individuals, your extensive knowledge of those people and their external activities and resulting bitterness towards them, suggests that you indeed did work there. We've seen enough teachers post on this board before, don't think we can't work it out.

2.)You are a holier than thou nobhead who believes themselves and their master race or nation to be the flag-bearers of professionalism and you are completely unable to accept that things are often done differently abroad. Let me tell you something, people often aren't so professional in China, like me and you, they have their own specific faults that relate to their specific circumstances.

3.) You seem to have self-appointed yourself as pseudo legal expert in regards to Chinese matters with your name "Legality and Professionalism" . So, Mr. Legal Expert, I wonder how well qualified you are for that position? Not quite as well qualified as a lawyer, I must say.

Anybody in China that is not fresh off the boat knows that the rule of law doesn't get applied by the authorities so well, things are getting better but we need to be patient. Yes, it's quite a bitch and we don't really like it either. Until then, expect the unexpected, you might be prepared.

I will now leave you in peace in order to allow you to go back and finish off [edited].

#6 Parent Legality and Professionalism - 2013-11-11

you seem rather [edited]. What kind of utmost nonsense have you confabulated in your head about me working there?

Besides, what is this idiocy of "this is how they do it"? The name I used in that comment was "Legality and Professionalism", not "some law breakers in some countries do things some way, according to some stupid laowai ([edited])"

Not quite true. Not everybody will agree with these points, but sometimes you have got to look at the finer details and think about the reality on the ground, rather than the utopian ideal scenario.

Of course Huizhou university sounds like a shit university, and we will usually stick up for teachers that suffer at their hands of shit places. However, I am increasingly sensing that you are just bitter about getting fired by them for something such as banging those students, yourself. There are indeed two sides to every story. Sometimes both sides are in the wrong.

What you said to me just makes you sound like a complete and utter goody two shoes more than anything. Following the rules in order to be a true professional is one thing, true professionals just keep their mouths shut and get on with their job. If there's issues with the behaviour of colleagues, there are correct ways of dealing with it. Did you ever talk to anybody such as the F.A.O, or have a polite word to him face to face? Did you ever look at the internal policies and procedures, rather than just the standard contract or visa stuff? That's what professionals do.

Every organisation tends to have S.O.P's in place which cover whistle-blowing, disciplinary procedures, you name it. Also, did this guy or his behaviour interfere with YOUR classes in any way? I doubt it. It is not your job to enforce the regulations. Universities do have a responsibility to observe, assess and appraise their teachers, if he was really performing that badly, they would/should have already been aware of that. Your services are simply not required in that area.

As for a lack of sleep, anybody with experience of being a father will no doubt have to go into work after a lack of sleep. Is being a father, getting kept awake by a crying baby until silly o'clock whilst teaching at 8 a.m wrong? No. So, why would being in a bar until 3am (as long as you aren't drinking) be so wrong either? You just sound weak to me. Try being a doctor, working in finance or working as a chef, you wouldn't even last 5 minutes.

Hell, I even stay up reading too late sometimes and overindulge in a few good strong coffees and fail to sleep well, but I still somehow get into work on time, my lessons are always prepared, so that I can still teach, even if not in ideal condition on some days (i.e having a cold and not being able to talk so loud). If you are going to be professional, learn to be able to work when things aren't perfect, your computer might break or something. You might as well teach that class with something, otherwise your next hour is going to be pure hell. Besides, you can always go apeshit at those responsible for the technical glitches or whatever after class.

Shouting off about how professional you are, blowing your own trumpet, telling the world about how much more professional you are than the unprofessional people... Well that just gives me the impression that deep down, you must be a complete and utter wrong 'un, who gets up to god knows what naughty stuff when nobody is looking. Are you just trying to cover up your tracks? You actually seem insecure more than anything. Are you just jealous that he is making more money than you, through being prepared to make such personal sacrifices such as working when he could have more free time to himself?

As a guy who has been a manager previously, I can only suggest that you try to show what you are doing, rather than trying to make your look better by telling me about what somebody else is not doing. As I previously said, if I feel that somebody is not doing their job correctly, I am perfectly capable of coming to that conclusion myself without your assistance. By complaining, you are not actually improving your own performance and I would definitely notice that. So, will (or should) your bosses.

Visa regulations, that's another area. But be aware, that palms can easily be greased in that particular area. If he is running a bar, it's easy, not that you should be doing that or anything, but hey! You are not in the west any more and if you can't accept that, f**k off home! Do you honestly believe that every single foreign bar owner gets a visa through his bar? The police really do not tend to care, that kind of arrangement is a familiar one.

Also it can be said that when it comes to universities; providing that your part-time business (usually training centre part-time gigs) doesn't interfere with your regular work, they tend not to care. After all, Chinese teachers make a lot of money on the side through private tutoring and stuff and believe it or not they would actually prefer not to lose a teacher by grassing you up and getting you deported! If you truly believed that he was doing wrong somehow, you probably should be speaking to the PSB, as opposed to crying your eyes out on this board.

Let me ask you something? How long have you really lived in China and experienced China? Have you ever made friends or done business with any Chinese people? You've certainly never attended a wedding here, I can tell that from a mile off. It is quite common in China, for people to attend baijiu/ red wine fuelled dinners (or merely just beer if you are lucky), go to the KTV afterwards and maybe even to a street barbecue (depending upon the other participants sensibility/drinking ability, blah, blah) for more drinks/food afterwards and still get into work on time in the morning. If you are really unlucky, ketamine (just say neigh!) and hookers may even feature as part of that evening's proceedings, just don't get angry with those Chinese people for trying to treat you well and give you face.

Of course, it is not ideal, you will feel a huge urge to sleep at lunchtime, but sometimes in China you have got to do that. I'll even admit that this is something that I kind of dislike about Chinese business relationships. Sure, it is 'unprofessional', but in China refusing an opportunity to build relationships and causing a huge loss of face to the other party can also be something far worse than 'unprofessional', sometimes it actually results in things not getting done. Personally, I avoid drinking on work nights and completely refuse drugs not because of professionalism, but because I don't like feeling shit at work. Yet sometimes you've just got those situations to deal with, like attending a good friend's wedding on a Sunday, but you also have classes to teach on Monday morning. Tough titty, sometimes you've just got to suffer darling.

As far as I am concerned, if that guy is not actually drinking at the bar, thus not coming to work under the influence and according to the university, he still does an adequate job of teaching (unless it was said otherwise). Maybe the university should have noticed that his performance was affected, but that is their problem.

As for the other issues:

The apartment - maybe that was a little silly, but I know perfectly good Chinese teachers that rent out their provided accommodation out to students. As for me, I live next door to noisy international students that drink at weekends, but I just remember that I was a student once. Besides, those students were Chinese students and they are rather tame by the standards of most countries when it comes to partying.

Banging students... Can agree that banging your own students should never happen, but if they aren't actually his students... Let it rest with him. Some teachers are still at that age where banging 20-30 year old hot Chinese students is not only acceptable but encouraged, it would be rather gay not to (sorry for the slight homophobic reference, but if a guy has got a penis, he is kind of naturally inclined to get urges to stick it inside a woman).

Personally, I was lucky enough to make a mistake in one of my previous jobs in my early 20's, where I slept with an older female colleague, we then had a fall out, she got promoted which meant that she effectively became my boss and that was really awkward. We made up in the end and we are still very good friends these days, but it was tricky at the time... I was constantly fearful of bad treatment when she got that promotion (and she could be a real bitch all right), but dare I say that she was wary of me revealing the whole affair as she was engaged to another man. The lesson is, don't shit in the nest.

Teaching qualifications (or a lack of)- Do you work in HR and recruit staff or in the PSB and grant visas? No? Then you are not personally in the wrong, stop crying about it. Besides, they gave a job to an idiot like you, it seems? Maybe you should be grateful.

#7 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-10
Re: Huizhou University - where is their Department of Fyling Carpets?...LOL

The contract says: "no other salaried work in China".

The visa says: "employed by this or that college, university, school..."

Professionalism says: "staying up until 3 am serving drinks, playing music and providing girls for your clientelle does not make you a very efficient teacher at 8 am"

Those are the problems with that arrangement.

Contract also says: "apartment provided for teacher", not for his 8 noisy student lodgers, at least not in the building where other teachers live.

Also, it is quite obvious that a 24-30 y.o. teacher f**g some students cannot be equally objective to them and to students he does not f**k.

Neither is such a teacher, often with just a 3 year community college in the US or Australia, qualified to teach at a university anywhere in the world.

Clearer now?

Or do you still have a problem grasping it?

Not quite true. Not everybody will agree with these points, but sometimes you have got to look at the finer details and think about the reality on the ground, rather than the utopian ideal scenario.

Of course Huizhou university sounds like a shit university, and we will usually stick up for teachers that suffer at their hands of shit places. However, I am increasingly sensing that you are just bitter about getting fired by them for something such as banging those students, yourself. There are indeed two sides to every story. Sometimes both sides are in the wrong.

What you said to me just makes you sound like a complete and utter goody two shoes more than anything. Following the rules in order to be a true professional is one thing, true professionals just keep their mouths shut and get on with their job. If there's issues with the behaviour of colleagues, there are correct ways of dealing with it. Did you ever talk to anybody such as the F.A.O, or have a polite word to him face to face? Did you ever look at the internal policies and procedures, rather than just the standard contract or visa stuff? That's what professionals do.

Every organisation tends to have S.O.P's in place which cover whistle-blowing, disciplinary procedures, you name it. Also, did this guy or his behaviour interfere with YOUR classes in any way? I doubt it. It is not your job to enforce the regulations. Universities do have a responsibility to observe, assess and appraise their teachers, if he was really performing that badly, they would/should have already been aware of that. Your services are simply not required in that area.

As for a lack of sleep, anybody with experience of being a father will no doubt have to go into work after a lack of sleep. Is being a father, getting kept awake by a crying baby until silly o'clock whilst teaching at 8 a.m wrong? No. So, why would being in a bar until 3am (as long as you aren't drinking) be so wrong either? You just sound weak to me. Try being a doctor, working in finance or working as a chef, you wouldn't even last 5 minutes.

Hell, I even stay up reading too late sometimes and overindulge in a few good strong coffees and fail to sleep well, but I still somehow get into work on time, my lessons are always prepared, so that I can still teach, even if not in ideal condition on some days (i.e having a cold and not being able to talk so loud). If you are going to be professional, learn to be able to work when things aren't perfect, your computer might break or something. You might as well teach that class with something, otherwise your next hour is going to be pure hell. Besides, you can always go apeshit at those responsible for the technical glitches or whatever after class.

Shouting off about how professional you are, blowing your own trumpet, telling the world about how much more professional you are than the unprofessional people... Well that just gives me the impression that deep down, you must be a complete and utter wrong 'un, who gets up to god knows what naughty stuff when nobody is looking. Are you just trying to cover up your tracks? You actually seem insecure more than anything. Are you just jealous that he is making more money than you, through being prepared to make such personal sacrifices such as working when he could have more free time to himself?

As a guy who has been a manager previously, I can only suggest that you try to show what you are doing, rather than trying to make your look better by telling me about what somebody else is not doing. As I previously said, if I feel that somebody is not doing their job correctly, I am perfectly capable of coming to that conclusion myself without your assistance. By complaining, you are not actually improving your own performance and I would definitely notice that. So, will (or should) your bosses.

Visa regulations, that's another area. But be aware, that palms can easily be greased in that particular area. If he is running a bar, it's easy, not that you should be doing that or anything, but hey! You are not in the west any more and if you can't accept that, f**k off home! Do you honestly believe that every single foreign bar owner gets a visa through his bar? The police really do not tend to care, that kind of arrangement is a familiar one.

Also it can be said that when it comes to universities; providing that your part-time business (usually training centre part-time gigs) doesn't interfere with your regular work, they tend not to care. After all, Chinese teachers make a lot of money on the side through private tutoring and stuff and believe it or not they would actually prefer not to lose a teacher by grassing you up and getting you deported! If you truly believed that he was doing wrong somehow, you probably should be speaking to the PSB, as opposed to crying your eyes out on this board.

Let me ask you something? How long have you really lived in China and experienced China? Have you ever made friends or done business with any Chinese people? You've certainly never attended a wedding here, I can tell that from a mile off. It is quite common in China, for people to attend baijiu/ red wine fuelled dinners (or merely just beer if you are lucky), go to the KTV afterwards and maybe even to a street barbecue (depending upon the other participants sensibility/drinking ability, blah, blah) for more drinks/food afterwards and still get into work on time in the morning. If you are really unlucky, ketamine (just say neigh!) and hookers may even feature as part of that evening's proceedings, just don't get angry with those Chinese people for trying to treat you well and give you face.

Of course, it is not ideal, you will feel a huge urge to sleep at lunchtime, but sometimes in China you have got to do that. I'll even admit that this is something that I kind of dislike about Chinese business relationships. Sure, it is 'unprofessional', but in China refusing an opportunity to build relationships and causing a huge loss of face to the other party can also be something far worse than 'unprofessional', sometimes it actually results in things not getting done. Personally, I avoid drinking on work nights and completely refuse drugs not because of professionalism, but because I don't like feeling shit at work. Yet sometimes you've just got those situations to deal with, like attending a good friend's wedding on a Sunday, but you also have classes to teach on Monday morning. Tough titty, sometimes you've just got to suffer darling.

As far as I am concerned, if that guy is not actually drinking at the bar, thus not coming to work under the influence and according to the university, he still does an adequate job of teaching (unless it was said otherwise). Maybe the university should have noticed that his performance was affected, but that is their problem.

As for the other issues:

The apartment - maybe that was a little silly, but I know perfectly good Chinese teachers that rent out their provided accommodation out to students. As for me, I live next door to noisy international students that drink at weekends, but I just remember that I was a student once. Besides, those students were Chinese students and they are rather tame by the standards of most countries when it comes to partying.

Banging students... Can agree that banging your own students should never happen, but if they aren't actually his students... Let it rest with him. Some teachers are still at that age where banging 20-30 year old hot Chinese students is not only acceptable but encouraged, it would be rather gay not to (sorry for the slight homophobic reference, but if a guy has got a penis, he is kind of naturally inclined to get urges to stick it inside a woman).

Personally, I was lucky enough to make a mistake in one of my previous jobs in my early 20's, where I slept with an older female colleague, we then had a fall out, she got promoted which meant that she effectively became my boss and that was really awkward. We made up in the end and we are still very good friends these days, but it was tricky at the time... I was constantly fearful of bad treatment when she got that promotion (and she could be a real bitch all right), but dare I say that she was wary of me revealing the whole affair as she was engaged to another man. The lesson is, don't shit in the nest.

Teaching qualifications (or a lack of)- Do you work in HR and recruit staff or in the PSB and grant visas? No? Then you are not personally in the wrong, stop crying about it. Besides, they gave a job to an idiot like you, it seems? Maybe you should be grateful.

#8 Parent Legality and professionalism - 2013-11-10

The contract says: "no other salaried work in China".

The visa says: "employed by this or that college, university, school..."

Professionalism says: "staying up until 3 am serving drinks, playing music and providing girls for your clientelle does not make you a very efficient teacher at 8 am"

Those are the problems with that arrangement.

Contract also says: "apartment provided for teacher", not for his 8 noisy student lodgers, at least not in the building where other teachers live.

Also, it is quite obvious that a 24-30 y.o. teacher f**g some students cannot be equally objective to them and to students he does not f**k.

Neither is such a teacher, often with just a 3 year community college in the US or Australia, qualified to teach at a university anywhere in the world.

Clearer now?

Or do you still have a problem grasping it?

#9 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-10

Bar any contractual/visa issues, what is wrong about running a bar? Several teachers do these kind of thing and still teach perfectly fine. It usually done because business registrations may been a little restrictive, only allowing one visa for a foreigner, regardless of the number of foreign partners involved in the venture.

#10 Parent What's in a name - 2013-11-10

Why art thou Romeo?

Is it because you copulated with your own students while teaching them, as at least two so-called teachers there (one of whom is basically an inn keeper, who lives off site near the bawdy house he runs and uses the apartment the school provides to rent it out to 8 students who make unbearable noise in the teachers only building)?

#11 Parent Romeo Cowboy - 2013-11-09

Yes, Regina is a real person. She can't spell and has terrible grammar. She writes books and gets them printed at her own expense so she can pretend to be an author. Be careful of her false smile, especially if you are a student.

#12 Parent Ah well - 2013-11-08

Seems there is a true Regina at Huizhou college:

http://bbs.xizi.com/wx_read.php?tid=2115021

#13 Parent Derek - 2013-11-01

The so called "Regina" is a real person. She teaches at Huizhou University in the Tourism department. Well 'teaches' is a stretch, she uses her students for her personal projects. She promises to pay them, but does not pay. She is an embarrassment to the university, she cannot even spell.

This "Regina" keeps her job because she has something on Lynn - he is the Foreign Affairs Liaison Officer. He is a complete fake that has somehow gained a lot of influence. He is actually senile. Ask him where he obtained his PhD and wait for the deafening silence. The university should run a background check on Lynn, he lies about his background.

#14 Parent Christa Sluttypants - 2013-10-20

Don't be so hard on the so-called "Regina"; that is probably the resident fat clown impersonating a writer that self-published a "novel" about a foreign teacher in China who enters bizarre sexual adventures and the character just so happens to have a name equal to the author's with 2 letters omitted.

The other "book" by the same author (who penders them to students) is a collection of 120 pictures and commercials, the pictures being 30% someone else's and withot credit.

Ah well...

Return to Index › Re: Huizhou University - where is their Department of Fyling Carpets?...LOL

Go to another board -