TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Contek's Contract - ESL discussion
#1 Parent Rheno747 - 2005-08-07
MY take on Contek - ESL discussion

After getting emails from Contek, I'm beginning to think that MAYBE the school is okay. From the sound of things, the ticket agent who's taking the western union wires is the bad apple. Apparently this person has been stealing both the school and its candidates blind, and in most cases hasn't even let the school know about teacher candidates who send airfare. He or she has simply taken candidates' airfare money and left the school in the dark and wondering what happened to their candidates.

Stay tuned.

Rheno747 - 2005-08-04
Contek's Contract - ESL discussion

I finally got someone from Contek to email me. Below is a copy of the contract I'm expected to sign.

I'm curious, so I think I'll email them telling them I'm interested in coming to Jo-Burg on my own funds and forget the 'reimbursement' route. Let's see if these guys are the real deal.

Dear,
Thank you for writing back regarding the offer. I am impressed to see your interest to become a teacher in contek Institute South Africa. Here is contract agreement including the visa/work permit procedure

A, Salary--We make payment in US$ and the base salary is $1200 per week after all taxes deduction. So you would be receiving $4800 every end of the month accordingly to the South Africa wages law.

B, Accommodation--Talking about the accommodation in South Africa, It is located in the heart and most beautiful area of Johannesburg. The condition of the accommodation is free for all staff of contek institute as long as you keep your service with us. It is a 3-bedroom apartment and well furnished. Here is the address below:

Contek Institute Quarters
Bridge Port, 1 Bridge Close,
Lower Roseville Road, Johannesburg,
3049,South Africa

C, Classes--Classes is base on assigned course books, which will be provided by Contek institute. You can also come along with any textbook that will assist you with your teaching job here if you have.

D, Support--Regarding the educational/curriculum support from contek institute, Contek institute provide all courses textbook and materials for the teachers but students come with their own materials.

E, Contract service--Contract only involve teaching on site. It is a Three years Contract agreement

F, Teaching Schedules--You only teach 4 hours in four days. And you take one day off. You would determine the day you want as off day when you start your job. The classes are in big sizes and located in a well conducive environment for teaching and learning.

G, Visa and work permit--Regarding the Visa and work permit procedure, You would have to provide us with your airline flight booking receipt and invoice so we will attach it along side with your contract agreement copy and employment letter which will be forwarded to the south africa embassy wherever you are for your visa and will also send a copy to the south africa work permit authority for your work permit. This is very important as soon as you make this possible soonest we start with the processing.

H, Medical program--You will be entitle to a free medical insurance program that we offer for all the staff of contek institute which you would also have to involve when you arrive. This is also done in order to determine the fitness of all the teachers.

I, Vacation--You will be due for 15 days vacation with round trip ticket when due for holiday.

J, Provisions--An excluded official car will be provided for the use of you and your family. Also the accommodation is already furnished. It is the property of contek institute. This area is a well secure area designated specially for the foreign employees.

K, Flight support--Concerning the ticketing, Contek institute will only pay back to you if you purchase your ticket through their Agent here in UK. We don't pay for flight ticket fare now because we have made several reservation payments for foreign teachers in the past and we never see them. Right now, we are only been careful which i believe you will understand. But we guarantee to pay you back every amount that you spent on getting here upon your arrival or not. Furthermore, we also recommend you to our ticketing agent here in Liverpool so you can obtain discount from the ticket fare.

L, Lastly, if you are satisfy with the job description Please sign the employee signs space below and send back to us soonest..

Mr Michael Howard Mr/Mrs/Miss:
Contek Institute of Languages Address:
Liverpool UK

---------------------- --------------------------- Employee Signs
Employer Signs

Return to Index › Contek's Contract - ESL discussion

Go to another board -