TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Ahil English School in Ulsan South Korea
#1 Parent stacey teacher - 2014-11-21
Re Ahil English School in Ulsan South Korea

I have been working at Ahil for three years. I've never met you., TeachOn. There has never been a husband and wife working together here as far as I and my coteacher know. And she has been here for about ten years. So your story is very obviously fake. I believe the negative reviews posted about Ahil are all coming from the same person who apparently had a bad experience here once. But all I can say is... I love my job here, and the people.

TeachOn - 2013-10-31
Ahil English School in Ulsan South Korea

My wife and I worked at Ahil English School in Ulsan. The contract looked great until we got there and the owner's lies came to light. For instance, the contract stated 10 vacation days but really those were 10 individual national holidays.

The school was dirty and damp. The teaching schedule totally different from what the owner had described. Teachers left and were not replaced so my wife and I were loaded with more and more classes but no additional pay though overtime pay was promised in the contract.

The owner turned teachers on each other. She told Canadian teachers that she preferred working with Canadians because Americans were too aggressive. Later she said the exact opposite to American teachers about Canadians.

One foreign teacher had a fight with the owner and left vowing to “tell all”, so the owner treated the foreign teachers to dinner and then asked us to write her school up. We stayed out of it and got a taste of her powerful connections in Ulsan. We both left town, shortpaid of course, and never looked back.

Foreign teachers told sob stories and pressured into writing up Ahil on the Internet. I would not recommend Ahil English School.

Return to Index › Ahil English School in Ulsan South Korea

Go to another board -