TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: English First Jakata ,Indonesia
#1 Parent EFemployee - 2013-11-02
Re: English First Jakata ,Indonesia

I wouldn't say it was a scam, but I will say stay away from EF altogether. They cheat their customers out of outrageous amounts of money and they treat their employees like dirt. Not all schools mind you but unless you're a 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' kind of person, who doesn't question what they're asked to do then you'll be fine. However, the school I'm currently working in Indonesia for are screwing me out of £2000 because I had to resign due to a family problem. Showing very little sympathy and saying they will not issue me an exit visa until I've paid in full.. funny thing is that they haven't signed their part of the contract so it's not even binding yet I'm still trying to be legit and follow the rules. If it weren't for me being too afraid to risk doing a runner I'd leave without paying these guys a single penny. EF have no interest in you as a person or your experience as a teacher, as long as you're a foreign face they can shove into a classroom for 1 hour and 20 minutes what you do is of no qualms to them. The lesson plans are ridiculous and their "training" is dire, I hate that I feel this way considering I've worked for EF since '09 and have some great memories. However EF Indonesia has made me dislike the company and everything it stands for. Find a more reputable school and read through everything thoroughly, any school you have an interest in working for you must try to negotiate and make sure you won't be left in the lurch.

Return to Index › Re: English First Jakata ,Indonesia

Go to another board -