TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: China offered US$100,000 to help the victims of Haiyan
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-21
Re: China offered US$100,000 to help the victims of Haiyan

Yes...a country that sacrifices the safety, livelihood, and well being of its own citizens and uses the hundreds of millions of exploited cash to "donate" and "give" to other countries to look good on paper. Buying debt bonds from the USA too so there can be more political leverage.
I know my comments will probably incite the "equalizers" out there who want to say that the USA, Canada, Britain, or Australia is doing the same thing to their citizens. Well, I hate to burst your bubbles but your logic basically states that you cannot accept something that is going from good to bad, but you only will accept it when everything and everybody is at the absolute WOR5T. Only that will give you a peace of mind, eh? It would make you happy to see 10 and 12 year olds working for 10 cents a week in coal mines or for the legal age of sexual consent to be lowered to 14, wouldn't it? Civilization at its finest, PSYCH.

When it comes to seeing things at its worst right now, apparently the poorer tourist villages of Greece can be an eyeopener according to what my mate told me. Simply having a job makes you a man of high status and you get to see some real examples of humanity's not so fine points, that you wouldn't have noticed during better economic times.

#2 Parent Dragonized - 2013-11-21

Yes...a country that sacrifices the safety, livelihood, and well being of its own citizens and uses the hundreds of millions of exploited cash to "donate" and "give" to other countries to look good on paper. Buying debt bonds from the USA too so there can be more political leverage.

I know my comments will probably incite the "equalizers" out there who want to say that the USA, Canada, Britain, or Australia is doing the same thing to their citizens. Well, I hate to burst your bubbles but your logic basically states that you cannot accept something that is going from good to bad, but you only will accept it when everything and everybody is at the absolute WOR5T. Only that will give you a peace of mind, eh? It would make you happy to see 10 and 12 year olds working for 10 cents a week in coal mines or for the legal age of sexual consent to be lowered to 14, wouldn't it? Civilization at its finest, PSYCH.

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-11-12

It isn't so long since the countries nearly went to war over a few islands in the South China sea, so I would only expect a token gesture from them.

Return to Index › Re: China offered US$100,000 to help the victims of Haiyan

Go to another board -