TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-15
Re: Behaving Well Abroad

"It us funny how some Canadian tourists will wear loads of Canadian flags on their gear. Insecurity at its best. I sometimes agree with my American friends, it is only matter of time before they become the 51st state, lol. "
Have you been on that plonk again "Insecurity at its best, or at its worst?" You are being very picky, why shouldn't Canadians wear flags on their gear; it's nice and colourful, and it's a good country to be proud of?

Well, people from most other countries don't feel a need to shout out their nationality from the rooftops in such a such a manner, unless they are attending a match at a sporting tournament. For most civilised people, a little pin-badge on the blazer of your suit is quite enough. Also, the 'I am Canadian' badges are hilarious. Even the most inbred of redneck Americans or most thuggish of English football hooligans won't quite stoop that low.

Are you another one of those Chinese people with dreams of going to Canada because every other civilised Anglophone country refused to give you a visa? Profiling you is quite a tricky task, you appear to be a rugmuncher, yet that is a contradiction of terms since you also appear to like them excessively young, because your gf still isn't old enough to drink.

#2 Parent Carrol - 2013-12-15

"It us funny how some Canadian tourists will wear loads of Canadian flags on their gear. Insecurity at its best. I sometimes agree with my American friends, it is only matter of time before they become the 51st state, lol. "

Have you been on that plonk again "Insecurity at its best, or at its worst?" You are being very picky, why shouldn't Canadians wear flags on their gear; it's nice and colourful, and it's a good country to be proud of?

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-15

It us funny how some Canadian tourists will wear loads of Canadian flags on their gear. Insecurity at its best. I sometimes agree with my American friends, it is only matter of time before they become the 51st state, lol.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2013-12-15

Funnily enough, your view seems to go along with mine. Aussies I met were all by and large ok, but yes the Canadians did seem to suck up to the training centres and be GW's and at times arrogant and pompous.

Return to Index › Re: Behaving Well Abroad

Go to another board -