TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Behaving Well Abroad
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-16
Re: Behaving Well Abroad

Silverboy and drags are RESOLUTELY NOT gw's, you on the other hand claim you have some info on silverboy, instead of tap dancing about, why not post up what you know, instead of insinuating things?

Well, I found Mr. Flintoff's jobseeker profile and it was a bit shit to say the least.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2013-12-16

Silverboy and drags are RESOLUTELY NOT gw's, you on the other hand claim you have some info on silverboy, instead of tap dancing about, why not post up what you know, instead of insinuating things?

#3 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-16

It's good to not forget where you are from. Just keep your d**k in your pants if you're teaching 14 or 15 year olds. I knew some expats who supposedly engaged in this kind of behavior, and some of them are Canadian. Your country has some image repairing to do with some students, just like mine.

What scares me, is that there is nothing to protect such students from the creepier kind of FTs or even to protect the students themselves from their raging hormones. A friend and I were discussing this a few years ago and we agreed that it is worrying how some students are becoming increasingly sexualised at an early age (He's now a Dad who is married to a Chinese wife, so he worries about that shit a lot, lol).

We've both had girls in their late teens flirt with us excessively and it was actually just irritating, rather than adorable for us! However, if I were their parents, I'd be warning them about what certain FTs who aren't quite as well behaved as us can be like! If there's any Chinese readers here, this is yet another reason not to send your daughters to TCs, because not only will they recruit proper scumbag FTs, they will do nothing to stop them from misbehaving, believe me!

I've actually had such 15-16 year old students from my TC days come on to me in a very inappropriate manner, but rather than believe in the idea of 'if there's grass on the pitch, let's play', I'd personally prefer the idea of 'let the cherry ripen'. Once again: "What if she was your daughter?" Sure China has the age of consent of 14, but that probably relates to the fact that in certain rural shithole areas, the life expectancy might still be 37 and the poor buggers need a root before they all die of factory pollution cancer. Besides, they tend to look younger in China, if you genuinely find yourself attracted to girls who are that young, you are probably a bush dodger who is on the run back home, right?

I once had to gently let down such an eager student. I told her that I was far too old for her to be involved with her in a romantic way and that she should try to get a boyfriend who was her own age. Thankfully, she appeared to do just that and there's at least one lad who is now in his 20s or something who should personally thank me for helping him to lose his virginity, haha.

#4 Parent Robert Flintoff - 2013-12-16

Hi, it didn't cross my mind, to dick these kids. For your info. I am a happily married man, with morals and ethics. Granted, not all of us here
are good people, just some of us. Like silver boy, who is here to fu-c anything he can get but still unhappy, he has nothing better to do, with his time, being a teacher is more than teaching in school, he's a phoney like many here in China. He's just all mouth, no action.
And further more, I have 2 children In Canada, they both have degrees, Masters and teaching Bachelors with good jobs and have been taught right from wrong.
My son and daughter won't be coming here anytime soon, I told them what to expect in China, groveling weasels, like yourself and Sliver boy.

#5 Parent Dragonized - 2013-12-16

It's good to not forget where you are from. Just keep your d**k in your pants if you're teaching 14 or 15 year olds. I knew some expats who supposedly engaged in this kind of behavior, and some of them are Canadian. Your country has some image repairing to do with some students, just like mine.

#6 Parent Robert Flintoff - 2013-12-16

Sure they do but some don't, especially this middle school girl, she was embarrassed, when I told her.

For your info. I'm not a GM, so [edited]

#7 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-16

I second that opinion, I'm a Canadian too and proud of my heritage. I have been to China off and on, since 2005 and
behaved myself, like I do back in my own country. When Chinese people find out where I am from, the older Chinese people always mention
Dr. Norman Bethune, also a Canadian, for your info., he volunteered during the revolution and has been revered ever since, for his work here, during the war.
I also wear a hat with Canada emblazoned on the front of it, its better than having a hat with fu_k on it, like some Chinese students in Fujian province.
I saw many wearing something like this and asked them if they knew what it meant, told me NO, I said look it up in your dictionary, its a vulgar English word, they
threw them in the garbage.

They got the message.

And furthermore, Canada, will never be the 51st. state, I could care less, what some people here think, it will never happen.

Don't know how old your students were, but if those students were at high school and university and you seriously believe this; you are probably more naive than most of the victims that you gave your 'special private tuition' to. They buy something with the word 'f**k' on it, precisely because it is naughty and mildly offensive.

Besides aren't you people supposed to dislike Dr. Bethune or are you just a GW sellout twat? http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/peter-worthington/bethune-china_b_1909347.html

#8 Parent Robert Flintoff - 2013-12-15

I second that opinion, I'm a Canadian too and proud of my heritage. I have been to China off and on, since 2005 and
behaved myself, like I do back in my own country. When Chinese people find out where I am from, the older Chinese people always mention
Dr. Norman Bethune, also a Canadian, for your info., he volunteered during the revolution and has been revered ever since, for his work here, during the war.
I also wear a hat with Canada emblazoned on the front of it, its better than having a hat with fu_k on it, like some Chinese students in Fujian province.
I saw many wearing something like this and asked them if they knew what it meant, told me NO, I said look it up in your dictionary, its a vulgar English word, they
threw them in the garbage.

They got the message.

And furthermore, Canada, will never be the 51st. state, I could care less, what some people here think, it will never happen.

#9 Parent John O'Shei - 2013-12-14

I've been teaching in Northern China for some years now. In the process of doing so, I've met foreign teachers from all over the world. Sad to say, I've seen a number of Brits, Australians, Americans and New Zealanders letting down their homelands badly in public from time to time! It seems to me that those ignorant foreigners should refrain from drinking alcohol as it brings out the worst in them.

I'm a Canadian, and I'm proud to say that I've still to encounter any of my fellow Canadians misbehaving in China. We are a different breed!

Oh really... It's only Anglophones that misbehave whilst drinking? Get out more you pathetic bellend.

Don't you know about the reputation of the French interns in Shanghai? Or German engineers that love to bang a prossie or two to polish off a night on the sauce? (especially in Changchun and Dalian), not to mention those African students that tend to forget the meaning of the word 'consent' after a few beers (everywhere). Then there's also the Russian female students that seem to partake in part-time prostitution in some of the nightclubs frequented by Westerners, after drinking at a cheaper bar beforehand (Dalian and apparently Shenyang & Haerbin too). As for the Indians, some of the richer heavy drinkers are just... let's just say the result of a repressed society where marriages are often arranged and their mothers still cook for them at 30.

May I also ask, have you never seen a Chinese person get drunk and partake in various forms of naughtiness? Oh, you probably wouldn't write anything about that because you are a silly nationalist Chinese wumao that wouldn't ever dare criticize the behaviour of your own people.

But if you are a real Canadian... It is quite likely that people think you Canadians are just Americans (because you are just the 51st state after all, these days), you behave like dicks and America gets the blame again. Because Chinese people just love to partake in a bit of America bashing.

Foreign Teacher in China - 2013-12-14
Behaving Well Abroad

I've been teaching in Northern China for some years now. In the process of doing so, I've met foreign teachers from all over the world. Sad to say, I've seen a number of Brits, Australians, Americans and New Zealanders letting down their homelands badly in public from time to time! It seems to me that those ignorant foreigners should refrain from drinking alcohol as it brings out the worst in them.

I'm a Canadian, and I'm proud to say that I've still to encounter any of my fellow Canadians misbehaving in China. We are a different breed!

Return to Index › Behaving Well Abroad

Go to another board -