TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teaching in China: Don't do it!!
#1 Parent Dumper McFoodle - 2014-01-01
Re: China or Flipping McDonalds Burgers

Flipping Big Macs in the West or teaching English in China are both crap jobs. I think being on the dole is a better option than either jobs. The way to go is to get yourself in a positon where you don't need to rely on teaching English or working at Macca's.

Seem to be options of despair. Why don't you find yourself a teaching position in the west? If you're not qualified, put your shoulder to the wheel and get qualified. In order to do that a few years in 'macca's may well help sustain you in the process. All qualifications are is learning and remembering information; most of us can do that, if we stop whinging and get on with it. On the other hand, an itinerant teachers job in China seems to me to be a wonderful life- but not for a whinging pom. I would say that the cut off age for embarking on a new career is about 55. We do have age-discrimination laws in the west. Just do it, mate.

#2 Parent Survivor - 2014-01-01

You wrote: Flipping Big Macs, no sir, not for me! I'd rather do nothing.

I say: Big statement. You just say No 3 times to a job millions do to Survive.

Happy 2014 to you.

#3 Parent Janice - 2014-01-01

Both have flip sides, just like vinyl 45s. However, sometimes the B sides became unintentional hits! Flipping Big Macs, no sir, not for me! I'd rather do nothing.
I think China offers much more than MacDonalds does to literate foreigners. Just my two cents' worth. No offence meant!

#4 Parent Dragonized - 2014-01-01
Re: Teaching in China: Don't do it!!

We all could have used that time more wisely and invested in a more caring, mature, and intelligent group of people. Not to sound racist or trying to inflame people. But self introspection is certainly not something everyone has. Happy New Year!

#5 Parent Important note - 2014-01-01
China or Flipping McDonalds Burgers

IT'S YOUR CHOICE. Personal Planning.

#6 Parent San Migs - 2014-01-01
Re: Teaching in China: Don't do it!!

Especially so lately, not taught there as long as you, but it has left me burnt out.

The Truth is Out There - 2013-12-31
Teaching in China: Don't do it!!

This is for anyone considering teaching in China.......DON'T DO IT!!!

It is a dead end road filled with stress, confusion, frustration, and will eventual wear on your health both mentally and physically.

I have given 8 years to the People's Republic of China and I am glad I am down to the last two weeks.

You've been warned....the decision you make is yours. Choose wisely.

Return to Index › Teaching in China: Don't do it!!

Go to another board -