TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: How certain people behave when going to church
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2014-01-10
Re: How certain people behave when going to church

You feel they are inferior{the Chinese] if you want to mate;

No, you are the one who feels this way. Your posts suggest they do not need any more improvement. This is enough evidence of someone who is writing propaganda. The amount of accumulated corruption in this country you are defending as being "great" is something that the USA would need at least another few hundred years of doing ten times the amount of sinning for each individual to catch up to.

You do not care about anyone else. The chinese gave you food on the table, so you want to come on here and tell everyone who is more intelligent and a better thinker than you that everything is all right. But I guess having to buy bread and milk with all those 50 cent coins is something you are into.

I am not your "mate" either. You fit the typical, passive aggressive foreigner who will snitch on his colleagues and pretend he didn't do anything wrong. I do not care whether you are the willyless one of manchester. [edited]

#2 Parent Dumper McFoodle - 2014-01-10

Suggesting that democracy would only bring this kind of chaos is also suggesting that Chinese are inherently inferior and do not deserve a better quality of life

You feel they are inferior{the Chinese] if you want to mate; I didn't mean to suggest that, and I don't think that. I thought that I made it clear, that the PRC Government, are dealing with an unprecedented population, and also very diverse peoples; having different and conflicting views. I think they are and have been doing a cracking job, mate. We haven't seen this before mate- we cannot say they should follow suit in the same manner that other peoples have emerged into the dubious political advantages of being beaten up on Bolton pier over the price of a pint. No, mate they will have to gain the decadence, 'freedom' and depravity of the west in a gradual way.

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2014-01-10

"transforming" meaning wanting a basic, fair working environment for ESL teachers is hardly revolutionary. The blood, mayhem, and violent part was already done en masse there on a regular interval for the longest time.

Suggesting that democracy would only bring this kind of chaos is also suggesting that Chinese are inherently inferior and do not deserve a better quality of life. Just what people who benefit from the current way of things, no matter how small; people like you would say!

#4 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-01-10

We should always remember that any government that is not elected by the people is illegitimate, and does not have a mandate to rule.

If you had your way and tried to transform China into a Western-style democracy in a year or two, you'd have bloodshed and mayhem on your hands , mate. The PRC Government doesn't do that bad, mate, considering the vastness and diversity of the people.

Considering recent acts and clampdowns on just about everything in the PRC, they seem worried that they aren't performing up to scratch, actually!

I can't be arsed to dig out the research that I did in the past, or what may have been just quotes from books that did not end up featuring in the final piece that I was looking to get this particular quote from, but they do say that legitimacy is pretty much judged according to its results in China, as opposed to the west where the elections hold the key to legitimacy. This is not the actual quote that I previously used, but points out pretty much the same thing:

The CCP has historically justified its rule on the basis of performance, either ideological performance framed through a popular belief in communism, or on moral and economic
performance as it does now.

I can't be arsed at this ungodly hour where I'm about to sleep, to post a more professional reference for that or do more than 30 seconds of research. But here you go: http://students.washington.edu/nupsa/Docs/Volume5/McGinnis.pdf

I'm not a 100% pro-democracy person, simply because I feel let down by democratically elected governments in the past back home. But one thing is certain, if the current PRC government don't get things right, people could choose a different option (no real democracy needed for this) and yes, the execution of that decision would be chaotic. The PRC have acknowledged that the public's support is absolutely essential for them to survive in the future.

#5 Parent Dumper McFoodle - 2014-01-10

We should always remember that any government that is not elected by the people is illegitimate, and does not have a mandate to rule.

If you had your way and tried to transform China into a Western-style democracy in a year or two, you'd have bloodshed and mayhem on your hands , mate. The PRC Government doesn't do that bad, mate, considering the vastness and diversity of the people.

Return to Index › Re: How certain people behave when going to church

Go to another board -