TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Tianjin
#1 Parent Muhammad - 2014-01-13
Re: Tianjin

but I am thinking that I could walk from Beijing to Yunnan and get a boat to Thailand to save money.

You cannot be serious man, it's a long long way. Even when you get to Yunnan you will have to keep heading south to get to Xishuangbana in order to get a boat to Thailand. You must be pretty gutsy, man. If I were in China at the time you start walking, I'd meet you half way and buy you beer and food to show my respect. Can you give us all regular updates on your long journey? You will need to live on rice and noodles to save money though, otherwise you may as well get on the train. A hard seat would probably work out cheaper. May God be with you and good luck. By the way Yuming is not that bad a gig if you have the right attitude, go and try them first. Muhammad.

#2 Parent Wolfgang - 2014-01-12

I do have a Z Visa, they was very particular to provide me with all the correct documents, They will meet me at Beijing Airport and take me to Tianjin to my new apartment. That is how they tell me arrangements will happen in all events.

I am a German and I cannot change my flight. I hope I am not being tricked. I am really between a rock and a low stone. It is possible that I will hear from an company in Thailand tomorrow who want me to teach German and English. I am thinking that the air fare from Beijing to Thailand will be quite cheap, but I am thinking that I could walk from Beijing to Yunnan and get a boat to Thailand to save money. The job in Thailand will not commence for another month and I have strong legs. I still may go to work for Yuming. Thank you for your advice.

#3 Parent Dragonized - 2014-01-12

Wolfgang, let me ask you this: Do you have a Z Visa in your passport? If you only have a tourist visa or a business visa then you are putting yourself in a very bad situation. YuMing is a crap company. There is no other way to put it. We all make mistakes, and you've made one if you are choosing to work with YuMing.

If you are a Native English Speaker, then there is no reason why you cannot get another, better job at a public school or university. You need to apply to these types of places, and extend your airplane ticket.

Wolfgang - 2014-01-12
Tianjin

Hi Fellow Teachers

I feel as though I am between a rock and a soft place and would appreciate some advice and reassurance. I have given in my job and apartment and leave Germany for Beijing on Wednesday of this week. I am feeling happy until I read some lots of recent letters on this discussion forum concerning my destination school in Tianjin. I do not want to go from the oil to the sauspan but have all ready paid for my air ticket. It has always been my ambition to teach English. Can you give me some reassurance ,please regarding YUMING? I couldn't find any other jobs in China and the people there sound so nice and understanding. If it is truly correct what some of you say, will it at least be a good start up job for me to get my feet under the table in China. Please reply quickly, I really don't know what to do. My company have already replaced me and I have sold my apartment. Looking forward to your earliest replies. Yours Truly. Wolfgang.

Return to Index › Tianjin

Go to another board -