TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: missionaries on campus
#1 Parent A Woman - 2014-02-18
Re: missionaries on campus

Excellent post, John.

#2 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-02-18

Totally Wrong! Chastity before marriage (this was the principle described as some nefarious teaching) but chastity is very much a traditional Chinese principle! It has been true for centuries. So you are TOTALLY WRONG to disagree. I was correct about Chinese culture in this respect and you were totally wrong.

More likely to relate to prehistoric principles of preferring one's chosen bride to be as tight as a mouse's earhole and making sure that she has no previous sexual experience with other partners to compare her husband against. Most religious teachings are merely horror stories to justify such practices, effectively restricting the freedom of women.

A load of old bollocks in my opinion and it seems that Chinese people are even waking up to this realisation in the not so backwards urban areas.

Several cultures around the world have this ridiculous obsession with virginity, it has been like that since the beginning of time.

#3 Parent ZhengtallyHo - 2014-02-18

Totally Wrong! Chastity before marriage (this was the principle described as some nefarious teaching) but chastity is very much a traditional Chinese principle! It has been true for centuries. So you are TOTALLY WRONG to disagree. I was correct about Chinese culture in this respect and you were totally wrong.

Return to Index › Re: missionaries on campus

Go to another board -