TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
#1 Parent Brodi Thoreau - 2014-03-03
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Nothing wrong with loving a country or its culture so as long as you remain faithful to your own principles. What I have seen on this forum from the past however is personal attacks on those who want to disagree with how the living and working conditions in China are. More often than not the ones who are willing to make a fair comparison between China and the West put out more information than the China Lovers.

#2 Parent justjames - 2014-03-03

Ah, a voice of reason. Careful, though, as you may be accused of being a contrarian or groveling weasel (shortened for expediency by those who use it to GW). Or, even worse, you may be accused of being an apologist or at the very least a China lover. OMG!

“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

#3 Parent Ever - 2014-03-03

What is a shame is that it seems any discussion that involves a difference of opinion (not just on this board) descends into name calling, swearing and as you say perhaps trolling.

I'd have thought any teacher worth his or her salt would seek to encourage a lively debate with opposing views. Basic pluralism suggests there can be more than one right answer to a question and that the best ideas like cream tend to float to the top anyway. No need for all these accusations and paranoia regarding what people's motives are. In my opinion that just leads to more mud slinging which is of little use at all.

Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -