TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-03-05
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

When I was a corporate trainer (not ESL) in the UK I taught a course on marketing and I too have previous experience in marketing products, price, promotion etc. Admittedly it wasn't in the era of social media so I have no experience of marketing in that context. I also don't have a problem with what I perceive as advertising or identifying Chinglish - even when written by native speakers as a wind up.

There was one DOS on here recently who was crowing loudly about his promotion to his new position. We all know that ESL is not a career, but for this guy he was as pleased as Punch with his "management" position. It was the additional things he wrote about that were open to challenge and he was challenged.

For newbie teachers, it is important for seasoned veterans to demonstrate clearly the pitfalls of accepting a dodgy contract or poor conditions of service so those newbies can exercise some choice about where they work. Yet the private sector in ESL in China is increasing rather than decreasing. I wrote about this before on here with references.

Some time ago I challenged a Chinese ESL company who were threatening legal action. By letting the thread develop and writing about the laws of defamation, rather than telling them to piss off at the first opportunity, we exposed their practices and bluff.

Yep, you've got to love it when those D.O.S types leave themselves open for a good and proper raping (metaphorically speaking). Didn't one recently claim to be a Vietnam veteran, which would have effectively made him too old to legally obtain a working visa in China?

Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -