TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-03-06
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Quite right! Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Your story about the school who threatened legal action is a classic example of how exchanges on an internet forum often progress. People seem to like to continually up the stakes in a bid to win the argument at all costs - very childish really.
A new teacher joined the ranks at my university recently and when he arrived here i asked him what made him choose this particular location. He said he'd done plenty of research on the many positions he'd been offered across China including reading reviews on sites like this but what had swung him was the email i had sent him (he looked me up himself and got my contact details) which he felt gave a balanced view of the institution as well as the city. People aren't stupid and you don't need to have worked in marketing to realise when someone is trying to pull a fast one - living in our consumer driven world we all have first hand experience of this on a daily basis! Instead people usually look for rationally minded people making reasonable arguments and veer away from those who are irrational, aggressive and unreasonable in their opinions.

Yeah, it is funny how training school D.O.S types will try to belittle those who did not enjoy their time at a place as lazy slackers or say that they 'couldn't handle China' etc.

When they say that victims 'couldn't handle China'... The obsession with multi-adaptability at all costs is pathetic at times. If you want a real challenge to prove that you are some kind of tough guy, join the army and don't teach ESL in China, lol.

We even had one from some place in Shenzhen or nearby that got aggressive and signed off with 'so haters, back off.' I had to remind the little scamp, that this is not a playground, but the interwebz. He deleted his comments a few days later.

#2 Parent Ever - 2014-03-05
Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Quite right! Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Your story about the school who threatened legal action is a classic example of how exchanges on an internet forum often progress. People seem to like to continually up the stakes in a bid to win the argument at all costs - very childish really.

A new teacher joined the ranks at my university recently and when he arrived here i asked him what made him choose this particular location. He said he'd done plenty of research on the many positions he'd been offered across China including reading reviews on sites like this but what had swung him was the email i had sent him (he looked me up himself and got my contact details) which he felt gave a balanced view of the institution as well as the city. People aren't stupid and you don't need to have worked in marketing to realise when someone is trying to pull a fast one - living in our consumer driven world we all have first hand experience of this on a daily basis! Instead people usually look for rationally minded people making reasonable arguments and veer away from those who are irrational, aggressive and unreasonable in their opinions.

Return to Index › Re: WW wants to open up an "alternative ESL TB"

Go to another board -