TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Need help with Chinese characters
#1 Parent Mr BJ Box - 2014-03-25
Re: Need help with Chinese characters

我不要有死节的木头,我的顾客不想用木头填料。我要有活节但不向外渗 胶的木头
My girl translated this for you. Maybe the admin will let it thorugh, or maybe not. If this is a double post, sorry.

I'm a happy man now, So kind of you, and please thank your girlfriend on my behalf. I shall print that out as an emphasis to them, once I have done a deal and am happy I have made myself understood. I will give your Chinese to them on the way out. Best Regards Barry.

#2 Parent juanisaac - 2014-03-25

I will ask my girlfriend on your behalf. She is a professional translator with 10 years of experience and numerous books to her name. I will have her translate this:
"I need to buy good quality timber without any 'dead knots' in the grain, or any 'live knots' which are actively exuding resin."

#3 Parent juanisaac - 2014-03-25

I don't want wood with dead knots because my customers do not want any wood filler. I want wood with live knots but not those exuding resin'

You are welcome.

#4 Parent juanisaac - 2014-03-25

My girl translated this for you. Maybe the admin will let it thorugh, or maybe not. If this is a double post, sorry.

#5 Parent Mr BJ Box - 2014-03-24

Thank you, Bang, I am sure that's good advice. All I want really is for somebody to send the Chinese characters for :- ' I don't want wood with dead knots because my customers do not want any wood filler' and 'I want wood with live knots but not those exuding resin' And that is all I want. I do understand now that an English teachers forum is not the place to find somebody who can be expected to know. I have some more relevant questions to do with teaching and China in general. I will return. I really do appreciate those that have answered my posts. Thank you. Barry.

I would suggest arranging a translator before you arrive otherwise you will be paying though the nose.
Leechers hanging airports hang around there for a reason
#6 Parent Bang - 2014-03-24

I would suggest arranging a translator before you arrive otherwise you will be paying though the nose.
Leechers hanging airports hang around there for a reason

#7 Parent Mr BJ Box - 2014-03-23

I'm obliged for the advice but we are not talking about a legal document or anything complicated. I want to find somebody with a reasonable grasp of Chinese. I don't want to pay out for ordinary words like grain, knot, and live knot and dead knot put into a simple sentence or two. I will have to approach a Chinese person at the airport as a reasonable resort.

I suggest you find out with a professional translation service in China.
#8 Parent Language Expert - 2014-03-23

I suggest you find out with a professional translation service in China.

'We don't want any dead knots which will require filler' and also 'We want live knots but none which are actively exuding resin?
Mr BJ Box - 2014-03-23
Need help with Chinese characters

Hallo all

I wonder if you can help me. I am accompanying my son to China shortly where he starts his first teaching position at a university. My company have taken advantage of my visit and asked me to purchase some hardwood in the Harbin area. I will visit factories there but have a communication problem. I need to buy good quality timber without any 'dead knots' in the grain, or any 'live knots' which are actively exuding resin. I have found the characters for grain and knot and something else, but I imagine I cannot just add the characters for live and dead to make any sense. Can somebody please tell me the characters for. 'We don't want any dead knots which will require filler' and also 'We want live knots but none which are actively exuding resin?' Many thanks in advance. I just need these characters to show them and will not try and say anything in Chinese. Regards Barry.

Return to Index › Need help with Chinese characters

Go to another board -