TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › lucky laowai bunch
#1 Parent 2cents - 2014-04-02
Re lucky laowai bunch

4,000 dollars a month. that is for one person only. there are 1000s with college/unis degrees working at minimum pay: walmarts, macdonalds, gas stations, etc. in the same places you mentioned. talk to foreigner teachers in china and many would say the reason they are doing it is because at home they have no much hope and they have to do a mediocre job they hate.

#2 Parent juanisaac - 2014-04-02
Re lucky laowai bunch

The Portland School District in Oregon. I had a Chinese tutor a few years back who gave me private classes. The school district gave her a provisional liscense and teacher training at the local university. TO meet the qualifications of a liscensed teacher, the school ditrict gave her six years to get her liscense and even paid for her classes.

#3 Parent justaguy - 2014-04-01
Re lucky laowai bunch

That depends on which state you are working in. There are some that still require certification, even though it isn't necessary. Are you on the west coast, midwest, south, or the northwestern part of the USA?

#4 Parent juanisaac - 2014-04-01
Re lucky laowai bunch

Loawais do not force Chinese to hire them. Chinese bring them here and offer them their salaries.
People get paid for their skills. If it were not for Loawais Chinese would still be riding horses instead of driving cars and living in the 19th century.
Oh, and by the way, next year I will get paid more.
If it is easy work, why are you not doing it?

#5 Parent juanisaac - 2014-04-01
Re lucky laowai bunch

By the way, my old school district in the USA is looking for Chinese teachers paying 4,000 dollars a month. Do you want "an easy job" for yourself, or another Chinese person if you are not Chinese?You would be making 3-5 times over the average American minimum wage. Many of these people work in places like this picture; many have university degrees.

recruiter - 2014-04-01
lucky laowai bunch

laowais now can make up to 25000 yuans monthly for doing an easy job.
china workers many with uni. degrees make 20 times less for hard work 24/7 in factories like this photo.

Return to Index › lucky laowai bunch

Go to another board -