TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Aston Yinchuan
#1 Parent Andre - 2014-04-09
Re Aston Yinchuan

Aston brought me over on a tourist visa. The point is not weather the teacher would like to travel after completion of his/her contract or not. The school should have the decency to inform the teacher that his/her visa will be changed into whatever visa and that one will have x amount of time to prepare to leave the country. Aston told us that we shouldn't worry about our visas and that everything is in order. They told us that there will be a smooth transition between schools. This was all lies. Only after wards we found out that nothing has been done and that we need to fly back to godforsaken Yinchuan to sort this out. Upon arrival, we were force to sign a "waiver" to exempt them (Aston) from any wrongdoing. Prior to us leaving Yinchuan, they threaten us with deportation and arrest. What a joke. We are still waiting for their internal investigation. It is really disgusting how some schools have no respect for their foreign teachers, the very same people that keep their businesses going. Prior to me coming to China, I've read all the horror stories on the Internet. Never would I have thought I would be in the same boat.

Return to Index › Re Aston Yinchuan

Go to another board -