TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL
#1 Parent callmefred's Fake Oxford English Dictionary - 2014-04-09
Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL

Exactly, it is clear that for learning fluently to order Baijiu, toast or even s ladyx for one a one night's pleasure, you need a fully qualified teacher, not a deecher. Your way by suggesting learning/teaching from some disks demonstrates how little you know about language learning and teaching - well, actually nothing at all.

Here is something what I would recommend to start with if you want to keep it free for you and either study independently or with a private tutor. It is good and solid material that I have been using myself sometimes to teach Mandarin to a couple of folks:

http://www.chineseocw.com/index.html

(website with download links is off sometimes, but will always be up again. Might be a server problem).

Take your disks and feed the monkeys with it....LOL

Of course that don't do you much good if you want to order dumplings on toast, and a baijiu, shaken not stirred.
#2 Parent William Shakespeare Risen from Death - 2014-04-09

Doest Thou have a parrot at home repeating My all-wise words in your not so literary writing?

#3 Parent Lucky Strike Larry - 2014-04-09

Oh, ignorant linguist, that Thou art! Hast Thou not realized that both are the same languages?
I, the Grand Master of English Drama, no other than Shakespeare, hath said this!
Doest Thou not know Thy Fake English Oxford Dictionary?

hehehehe...hawhawhaw....

Ha ha! it's the other bloke who's the linguist. He has some strange belief that I have a 'pretend rubbish' Mandarin schools buried away in Suffolk somewhere- Ipswich-on-sea, I believe, and forgot that we weree talking about Mandarin and not English at the time. I had pointed out to him that linguists are not always fluent in the language they are anguishing about at any given time. I also conceded that a linguist (even though he may not be able to speak the language) may well know more about the structure and so forth than a native speaker. Of course that don't do you much good if you want to order dumplings on toast, and a baijiu, shaken not stirred. Hehe hawhaw.

#4 Parent William Shakespeare Risen vom Death - 2014-04-09

Oh, ignorant linguist, that Thou art! Hast Thou not realized that both are the same languages?
I, the Grand Master of English Drama, no other than Shakespeare, hath said this!
Doest Thou not know Thy Fake English Oxford Dictionary?

hehehehe...hawhawhaw....

As you may recall we were talking about the teaching of Mandarin and not English.
#5 Parent Lucky Strike Larry - 2014-04-09

You won't be able to deech them any Inglish at all. They will soon know and lock you up in the toilette room of the school or "school" building in the hope that someone comes to pull the water handle.

Oh, we have returned to that post. As you may recall we were talking about the teaching of Mandarin and not English.

As for the English, Australians, British, etc, are hired for their oral skills, and they must of course be able to teach reading and writing skills.

Return to Index › Re A Teacher Training Lecture for Unlucky Strike Harry Larry....LOL

Go to another board -