TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Greetings to the piranhas in your swimming pool
#1 Parent zài Devon de nà yí gè xiū xi shì de Bob - 2014-06-02
Re Greetings to the piranhas in your swimming pool

Well, if youj talk about a restroom, your Google-based translation with xiuxi de shi (a room to take a rest but not a toilette!) is entirely wrong. It should be cesuo in Chinese instead. For cultural and cross-linguistic reasons, you cannot translate such things literally but have to make according adjustments. And you can only do so if you know the language well enough. A cheap translation machine like Google will give you often give the "translation" results that you don't want to have.

"A room to rest" does not necessarily have the same meaning in Chinese that it has in American English with the connotation of "toilette". Do your homework and verify this with a real native speaker, and stop "defending" your gross language mistakes here.

And since I am professionally trained in Chinese, I would not expect you to refer to a "restroom" (toiletteI) because the Chinese verb 休息 (xiuxi) does not carry that meaning. Your Google "translation" was wrong and thus made you mislead other people on here, You better refrain from using Chinese on here and keep posting in English instead.

And if you forget to insert DE, then this is a grammatical error. Don't twist things around and admit that you have used a Google translator and know nothing about Chinese whatsoever! Period.

Pretend "qualified teacher of Chinese"....hahahaha---- don't make me laugh! Pathetic!

Fool!!!!!!

In a previous post you didn't agree that xiū xi shì even existed, and I see above- well at least you have now done a bit of research and gained knowledge of the beginners joined-up-version and now seem quite matter of fact about it. I refer you to your previous reply to me.

Well, you forgot to include 的 before "Bob", which was later corrected by yourself. Yet, what does the shi (是 ?) do there? Still doesn't make sense in terms of meaning as well as structure. It's all not clear because of the the missing characters? The fact that you forgot to include 的 in your attributive structure before "Bob" clearly indicates you are not a native speaker and at best still a learner at elementary level. Don't bother to bring up the issue again, I will not be wasting my time on you to reply. Talk to the piranhas in your swimming pool instead.

Now you suddenly know exactly what the shì does. You must try and remember what you have said in previous posts. As for the rest of it. Don't say it ,you'd make yourself a laughing stock. I don't feel like teaching you Chinese. Pathetic? Who?

Return to Index › Re Greetings to the piranhas in your swimming pool

Go to another board -