TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › CEA visit
#1 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-06-08
Re CEA visit

You know your onions. I was told in no uncertain terms by a visa agent I have used many times before in HK, that even if I presented myself at the wan chai china resources building and asked the chinese office there, they would still refuse. The visa is issued by the psb on the mainland, not in HK and it is at their discretion. The woman told me to simply avoid trouble, get a new blank passport with no records of entries to China, old one gets cancelled, and in their logic....then I have never ever been to China, lol, the mind boggles, but as we know in Asia things are not black and white and often mixed around...or arse backwards logic as one guy I knew liked to term it, lol

#2 Parent Blankety-Blank - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

I'd make sure you have a new blank passport

Undoubtedly the way to go if your present passport's got F visas.

#3 Parent Bullish - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

Also, when Chinese people try to intimidate you; it is often good to just stand up for yourself. They often don't know how to react.

That was well worth mentioning! Newbies, please note this sound advice!

#4 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

As I am 95% likely leaving ESL for good in a month's time

The problem is if you plan to stay in China, your new employer or chinese business partner or whoever, must be able to get you the visa. Right now things are very fluid, lots of westerners have been refused visas in Hong Kong and simply told to go home.

I'd make sure you have a new blank passport if from the UK or USA, and invite letters from employer or company in China, and of course the police certificate or CRC or whatever it is from the FBI if from the USA.

Not against you, but these are not times to be leaving jobs on a whim so easily in China, the visa crackdown against foreigners is still in full effect it would seem. I know because it bit me in the arse, and I'm now working in HK unable to return to China, until I get new UK passport, police certificate, and an employer from China who can send me all the documents down to HK, even then, I could still get refused at the immigration offices in Wan Chai and told go back to the UK. Whereas in HK a work visa can be obtained by just going to Macau once it is processed. Better the devil you know, or.....?

good luck with getting out of esl anyways, I don't blame you, it is a right racket in China these days!

#5 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-06-06
Re CEA visit

What is the CEA exactly? We all know of SAFEA, but not CEA.

As I am 95% likely leaving ESL for good in a month's time, I couldn't really give a toss if there's some kind of inspection coming along.

Also, when Chinese people try to intimidate you; it is often good to just stand up for yourself. They often don't know how to react.

cristina - 2014-06-05
CEA visit

Hello.
My school just received the CEA visit and they were very intimidating.
They grilled us.
Pls share your experiences.. need to vent.

Return to Index › CEA visit

Go to another board -