TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re CEA visit
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

Great points. Always be reminding of people that they need to hear this.

#2 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

I'm not confrontational to the Chinese in China, just the shitty ones, be they Chinese or fellow Laowai. You might as well be confrontational if needed, because they would happily try to humiliate you mercilessly in a similar situation.

Also, remember that not all jobs are worth keeping at all costs. Decent teachers can easily tell people to get f**ked as they can walk out and at least get a shitty TC job to keep themselves ticking over in five minutes flat. Shitty teachers (a.k.a otherwise unemployable potential paedos on the run back home) will probably tend to kiss the ass of their employer because they have everything to lose.

I don't even mind being thought of a potential troublemaker in this respect. I have learned my lessons about being too nice the hard way in the past. I even specifically let potential employers know that I took a previous employer to the authorities and got them in a fair bit of shit, for example. I pay attention to their reactions. After all, it is not the shitty companies that need to fear me, when I tell them this.

In some cases, it is not the case that you don't deserve to work for somebody; sometimes they don't deserve to employ you!

#3 Parent Jack - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

Though you've won a round of the fight convincingly, you'll end up losing the fight unanimously on points by being ostracized as a troublemaker by the whole pack during the rest of your time as an employee there. I think it's much wiser to avoid confrontation by sweeping an injustice perpetrated by one of the pack against you under the rug.

Rubbish advice!
Silverboy is the bloke with the real advice. You are merely a China apologist or one of their western sell-outs!

#4 Parent survivor - 2014-06-07
Re CEA visit

It is great advice. Chinese and some other Asians have a herd mentality, but when you confront them and stand your ground they don't know what to do.

Basically the best thing to do is to pick out the "leader" of the pack and publicly humiliate that person and cause them to lose face. The followers will soon back off. [edited]

I'm against foreigners like you who are confrontational to the Chinese in China. Retribution will probably occur as a result of a foreigner daring to make the leader of the pack lose face. Though you've won a round of the fight convincingly, you'll end up losing the fight unanimously on points by being ostracized as a troublemaker by the whole pack during the rest of your time as an employee there. I think it's much wiser to avoid confrontation by sweeping an injustice perpetrated by one of the pack against you under the rug.

Return to Index › Re CEA visit

Go to another board -