TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re CEA visit / confrontation
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2014-06-09
Re CEA visit / confrontation

That type of name calling would make you impress the ladies in...what 1st grade? "Not taking crap" and "political dissension" go as well together as "chocolate ice cream" and "shrimp sauce". I don't know about your tastes but you sure have trouble with your cognitive processing. Should have probably tried getting on Turnoi's good side again.

#2 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-06-08

How about you just f**k off and leave him alone, you wannabe Wumao [edited]? If I was the admin, I'd ban you for trying to intimidate or threaten him.

He is doing his job, by demanding the highest of educational standards, rather than taking the easy way out and being lazy. Good on him I say, I no longer have to passion to make such an great effort like I used to and despite the fact that like this guy I also get offered new contracts, I'll admit that I quite a lazy teacher these days and if it wasn't for my other skills (which produce the flashy bells and whistles shit) and experience, people would easily see through my lack of effort. Then again, considering how low standards are in China, I'd argue that I could come in drunk everyday and get away with it, if I wanted to. So you may as pay this guy some respect, [edited]

When I indirectly criticised my university's I.T policies in regards to the intranet system used by teachers, I actually managed to make my supervisor's life a little easier, so if you are capable of giving advice without making anybody lose face, do it.

That teacher is by no means interfering politically at all, so he is not breaking the laws regarding teaching in China. His actions actually resulted in teachers being more closely observed, which of course would be a threat to shitty teachers like you. He doesn't seem to fear it, I wonder why. Nobody likes being observed, but at least decent teachers can even do what is quite a half-arsed class and receive nothing more than a bit of mild criticism.

Some teachers are actually dedicated and passionate, they don't really want to just simply do a job, they want a career out of it. Unlike you, some teachers are capable of being much more than a dancing white/token monkey.

Idiots like you are precisely the reason why I am getting out of teaching in China. I've enjoyed it, but I am sick of all the bullshit behind the scenes.

Unlike many poor bastards in China, I have other options and need not take shit from the likes of you. I actually get headhunted for jobs where I can actually have great deal of input in the creative aspect of the work that a company does and have the freedom to make decisions and be responsible for the performance of the company. I think that Martin could also have something else to offer outside of teaching in China and hopefully he will one day do that.

#3 Parent zài Devon de nà yí gè xiū xi shì de Bob - 2014-06-08

You were not hired to train budding dissidents. Best you just mind it and concentrate on the job you were paid to do. I don't know what your students think of your presumptuous attitude.....some may see you as an arrogant twerp.

#4 Parent martin Hainan - 2014-06-08

I've acquired a reputation on my campus as being confrontational as a result of my frequently public complaints about unmaintained classroom equipment, onerous teacher documentation requirements, and the kafkaesque graduate thesis process.

Although most of my complaints result in little or no action by the administration, I believe that my outspoken behavior is a valuable lesson for students. For good or bad, they closely observe the actions of foreign teachers.

It seems to me that there still exists in modern Chinese society a vestigial Marxist sense of 'social justice'. When complaints are made about situations that are blatantly a disservice to or mistreatment of students, my immediate supervisor and Dean recognize the validity of the complaints, even though they themselves would never voice them to their 'Education Committee' superiors. In any event, they continue to renew my contract.

Return to Index › Re CEA visit / confrontation

Go to another board -