TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re email reply to another poster
#1 Parent John O’Shei - 2014-07-09
Re email reply to another poster

How about you keep your mouth shut, you pathetic little wumao goody two shoes twat? Even if it was against the law, it is a law that some selectively choose to break, just like some will bang hookers, stay in hotel rooms with their unmarried girlfriends etc. I would day that I do not feel too guilty.

Regardless, VPN use is actually technically legal in China (although the legalities of it are slightly complicated), in fact even departments of the Chinese government themselves use VPNs in order to protect their data from eavesdroppers. If VPN use was made illegal in China, several foreign companies would leave the country very quickly, because the place doesn’t half have a bad reputation for corporate espionage, lol.

Several large multi-national corporations actually use their own in-house VPN connections to protect their private data and intellectual property, not just to simply get on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. In fact, I can imagine that the likes of Intel and Shanghai Volkswagen would actually not be too pleased if their expatriate managers and engineers were found to be fannying about on Facebook during working hours.

As for me, I often use a VPN client (Hell, I have 2 subscriptions with different providers) and I couldn’t care less what your opinion about that is. Even if what I am doing is somehow technically illegal, I won’t worry too much. At least, when it comes to my visa, I have a legal working visa and am not reliant upon dodgy business and tourist visas for teaching, unlike yourself. Scurrying back and forth from H.K and risking potential ballache just isn’t for me, lol.

As for everybody else, there are even perfectly good reasons to use a VPN back home these days as recent revelations have shown.

#2 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-07-09

I was under the impression that using a VPN was illegal, whatever that means, in China, unless they turn a blind eye to why grow ren,but I can't see it being one rule for some and another for others? As we know the law is always fluid in you know which middle country.

Cheers on,
CT

#3 Parent John O' Shei - 2014-07-08

You've got to be careful not to kill the banter though.

#4 Parent hanso - 2014-07-08

Making parts of the IP visible would reveal repeatedly used servers and VPNs, at least the sender´s country or region would be obvious. The individual computer and the private anonymus poster should be concealed and protected.

Insults, insinuations, self acclamation and trolling should be deleted.

#5 Parent John O' Shei - 2014-07-08

Considering the fact that every second poster in China uses a VPN, that would be pointless.

#6 Parent hanso - 2014-07-08

All emails with insults, racist and sexual offences, and swearwords should be deleted (by moderators or on request by readers).

I understand, the trolling is the only remarkable entertainment in this forum.

To avoid self entertaining socket puppets posting under disguises and aliases, the first or the last digits of the IP should be made visible.

#7 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-07-07

I think that you should be keeping that exchange between your lawyers, not posting it up on a forum where the other readers couldn't give a f**k. It is obvious that you are 'persona non grata,' why do you even bother trying to return?

However, the simple fact that you believe me to be an alias belonging to Turnoi will obviously destroy your credibility in court, won't it?

If I was facing legal threats, the last thing I would do is wash my dirty linen in public on a forum. Never mind go one step further and invent wacky German sounding imaginary friends.

Return to Index › Re email reply to another poster

Go to another board -