TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Foreign teachers Union in China
#1 Parent asd - 2014-03-18
Re: Foreign teachers Union in China

Neo liberalism or 'classical liberalism' is more of a dinosaur than Keynesian based Social democracy will ever be. Unregulated greed has been around for centuries!!
Good joke about dinosaurs though!

#2 Parent Been there - 2014-03-17

A Tea Rex!!!! This is good!!!! LOL

#3 Parent Ever - 2014-03-17

Q: How do you invite a dinosaur around for a cuppa and a chat?

A: Tea - Rex?

I'll get my coat

#4 Parent tick tock - 2014-03-17

People really think this Beijing black list exists?

I call BS on them..if it really is a them and not some single poser trying to act out a fantasy.

A group of balaclava wielding people claiming a large ex soldier membership openly parading around china beating on the valued rich with a website to boot? Sure, and I had a dinosaur around for tea and a chat this morning.

#5 Parent John O’Shei - 2014-03-16

This often proves to be a decent site for keeping track of things in ESL in China, there’s many a thing that I can fault the admin for BUT at least people can post a bad review about a school on this site, if they feel the need to.

Other sites are often too protective of their TC advertising revenue and they attract a completely different kind of teacher.

#6 Parent Emily - 2014-03-16

Thank you so much. You have been helpful and I glad I consulted with tis site first.

#7 Parent John O'Shei - 2014-03-16

It is a grey area.

Some report them being a government/private school/recruiter led trap to catch the troublemakers. China e-cities has featured a fair bit of discussion about this, saying that people who reported schools, found that the website reported said teacher to the school that they complained about, getting them into further trouble. Then again, a fair few people don't trust China e-cities either, that place is completely overrun with wumaos apparently.

Likewise with the reporting of the group by the China Daily Mail website. Neither side can be trusted.

Another issue, is that there is more or less no way that it could be a fully legal organisation. Non-government backed trade unions are illegal in China and I can't imagine the government backing these guys. If it does actually exist, prepare to be heavily monitored if you attend any of the meetings.

If you are suffering issues relating to a school and must seek the services of somebody who is not a lawyer, Beijing Blacklist are probably a far safer bet. At least they fully admit to being an illegal vigilante organisation.

Emily - 2014-03-16
Foreign teachers Union in China

Does anyone have any information about this organization? Do they help teachers who are up against some major obstacles. Can they provide any legal advice?

Return to Index › Foreign teachers Union in China

Go to another board -