TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich
#1 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-08-04
Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich

"But please don't use that term so much." In the years I have posted here I have used the term once following the example of JOS, who I notice you did not castigate when he used the term on 3 occasions. I take your point about the use of derogatory terms, of which "wanker", could also be included. Funny how some terms uspet people and other terms don't draw such ire. Take "handicapped" for example which is common in the US, rather than "people with disabilities". The term comes from adding weight to a racehorse to equal the stakes. There's at least one rap song that uses the word "retarded" ( Black-Eyed Peas, from memory). in the sense of ignorant rather than disabled.

Fair enough. But I never criticized you (although others did !!!) for failing to release the details of your former employer in (presumably?) Shandong Province.

I have a cousin who could be considered a "retard" and also teach a girl who would be considered "retarded" but is actually very intelligent. People who are considered "retarded" are actually human beings with feelings just like us, and in some cases possess a lot more common sense, humanity and logic than the great unwashed.

Again, not personal. Hope your photoshop goes well, I've got my own fish to fry at the moment.

Regards
CT

Return to Index › Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich

Go to another board -