TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich
#1 Parent foxy - 2014-08-06
Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich

Then I am also entitled to keep my details private; I am sure we can both agree on that. Duly noted, I shall not ask you for any more details regarding your former place of employment, I am only seeking recommendations as to what is a good place to work at and what IS NOT. No more, no less. If I offended you, I apologize profusely for that, it was not my intention.

Just the right response in the circumstances.You have said what was needed to be said politely, but more importantly firmly.

#2 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-08-06
Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich

First of all, thank you for responding.

If I choose to keep my details private then that should be the end of the matter! It's not an issue for criticism but one of respect for privacy. I will not divulge details so that those who have an axe to grind (as witnessed on the DD forum) are not given ammunition. Sensibly, the moderators of that forum locked the discussion so the main culprit is back on here under multiple aliases and is fooling nobody.

Then I am also entitled to keep my details private; I am sure we can both agree on that. Duly noted, I shall not ask you for any more details regarding your former place of employment, I am only seeking recommendations as to what is a good place to work at and what IS NOT. No more, no less. If I offended you, I apologize profusely for that, it was not my intention.

Just for the record, and unlike you probabl, I have worked with the mentally ill. First doing research and then as a volunteer at a local mental hospital, so I would say i am well-versed in the politically correct terminology to use.

That is pure conjecture.How do you know I have not worked with them? I suffer from depression myself (will not go into too much detail,even I am entitled to my privacy) and have done counselling of others, and tried to help people with drugs and mental problems both in China and the UK. There is no need to get defensive, volunteering is a noble thing to do, and I would not at all criticize you or anyone else for that matter regarding volunteering anywhere.

I will say this to you. Your writing style is remarkably similar to San Migs who also said something about things not being "personal" and took a keen interest in where I used to work.

That could be said about any poster, and unless you are like those in the film Hannibal, who are able to analyze handwriting (or typing in this case!), then I could say you have a linguistic marker very similar to a previous poster under another handle.

Either way, I shall not intrude on your privacy again. Equally, I expect my privacy also.

Cheers on,
CT

Return to Index › Re Beijing school instructs Chinese girls on how to marry rich

Go to another board -