TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Need guidance
#1 Parent Peter - 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance

Agreed, I smell a rat too. Peter won't respond in my view. Anyway, let's see if he actually does.

Phew, are they all ill or is this a case of mistaken identity? I only wanted some advice! This and the last post is the first time I have been near any sort of forum, and that was only by accident. I have applied for a job in my wife's home city of Tianjin

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

yumingjiaoyu88@yahoo.com

yumingjiaoyu88@hotmail.com

Office Tel: 86-22-23394188

Mobile Tel: 86-13821439769 86-13821469919 86-13672076518

Fax: 86-22-23394188

Postcode: 300021

Add: Room 550,Nanmenwai Street No.9,Heping District, Tianjin, China

so I googled to check them out and your forum was popping up everywhere. I may accept the job as at 10,000 yuan it's the same as what my father-in-law wants to pay me for speaking to his customers, all from Europe and America in English. He has an export business. Both jobs come with a flat; although the latter would become ours, and a car is thrown in. I don't know maybe I should bury my pride but I think I won't and will work for above school. 10000 which is only £250 a week is less than what I get at Tesco though.

#2 Parent Nudgee - 2014-08-09
Re Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha!

Is Peter another alias for that idiot fellow who was having delusions about marrying a young Chinese woman in the UK?

It certainly seems to be him judging by the contents of the post.

#3 Parent Cobby Des Moines - 2014-08-09
Guidance for the ignorant ....- Aloha!

I have been through a similar situation and therefore want to share my experience with you.

Pretty soon now we will be going to China, initially to attend a wedding celebration for her family. Her family who are well-off want me to work for them and say they can get all the legal requirements done for me.

That's great! You should do your best to be drunk all the time, only that will make you an entertaining person. Ask the family whether you could contribute financially to share in the costs they might have in bribing Chinese officials to get your paperwork done. They will be grateful and happily accept.

The thing is this, I value my independence so was thinking about teaching English which I am not qualified to do really.

No qualifications and credentials in China needed really. If they ever ask for a piece of paper, hand them a tissue and tell them that's a degree document from the Royal Society of Arts. They will believe everything as long as you are good at telling lies.

I do have a degree in art though..not much good eh??

Oh, that's pretty good actually - whether fake or real doesn't matter. But you should add a bit of cheese pizza to the document to make it smell better.

My plan is this because I just do not want to work for the in-laws.

Pretty good idea. Then just work for the outlaws - like panda bears, drug dealers, pickpockets, crocodiles, etc.; they all would really need your help!

I am going to ask Tesco (British supermarket) for a year's leave of absence.

For heaven's sake, don't ask and tell them! They will lock you up in their smelly WC because they can't afford to lose you since you were their dearest doorman, licking the shoes of the big boss each morning when he came in for work!

In essence, let me add that stupid questions deserve stupid answers. And I sincerely hope I could help you out.

Cobby

#4 Parent Pitbill's Mom - 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance

True, the story is extremely unlikely. Anyone who knows China and the immigration rules in Europe and China a bit will know it is made up for the purpose of phishing for personal information. Most likely, the same person behind "Peter" asked CL, a regular poster, the same thing expecting him to reveal personal information. CL was intelligent enough to put this person in his place.

#5 Parent foxy - 2014-08-09
Re Need guidance

Agreed, I smell a rat too. Peter won't respond in my view. Anyway, let's see if he actually does.

#6 Parent Nudgee - 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance

Correct. I'm willing to bet this Peter individual and his "wife" do not exist. The scenario he outlined in his post is fanciful and extremely unlikely.

Just ignore him!

#7 Parent Pitbull - 2014-08-08
Re Need guidance

Nice try but in vain. You are just phishing for personal info on other posters on here; we have had a similar post like that on here before.
Marry a nice panda bear lady from Yunnan instead, no problem......hehehehehehehehehe

Peter - 2014-08-08
Need guidance

Hi all

I need some advice. I have never been to China but have married recently to a Chinese girl studying in UK. I should say that my young wife does not want to live in the UK. Pretty soon now we will be going to China, initially to attend a wedding celebration for her family. Her family who are well-off want me to work for them and say they can get all the legal requirements done for me. The thing is this, I value my independence so was thinking about teaching English which I am not qualified to do really. I do have a degree in art though..not much good eh?? My plan is this because I just do not want to work for the in-laws. I am going to ask Tesco (British supermarket) for a year's leave of absence. I am what they call a multi-skilled worker, so no high-flyer but I like it. If I can't get a teaching job, or the job doesn't last, I have told her that she will have to apply to live in the UK. She doesn't like the food and says that when we do start a family she would worry about bringing up a child in the west. Do you think that a training centre would be good for me to work in or a state school. And what do you think my chances are? The in-laws want to buy us a flat and stuff but I feel I will be owned. Must get a job..must get a job!

Return to Index › Need guidance

Go to another board -