TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Considering ESL teaching career - Teachers discussion
#1 Parent Rheno747 - 2006-02-16
Good plan - Teachers discussion

Good plan. The only problem I see is it may be extremely difficult to get into the Peace Corps. Perhaps you should formulate a back-up plan for a master's degree in case you don't go the Peace Corps route.

Good luck.

Sara - 2006-02-15
Considering ESL teaching career - Teachers discussion

Hello! :D

I'm Sara and I'm currently a high school student. In one of my classes we have to do a paper on a future career of interest, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some info!

My passion is learning other languages and about other cultures. (I speak some French and have been told I'm good at learning languages) I also have a strong desire to teach and I can't imagine myself doing anything else (my mother's side is packed full of teachers, it runs in my blood. Knowing this...

1) Do you think that an ESL teaching career fits my interests?
2) Could you describe your experience and how you got to where you are now?
3) This is a tentative plan of mine: Go to college and get a bachelors degree in secondary education (in either French or History). Join the Master's International Program of the Peace Corps so I can get my Masters in TESOL while in the Peace Corps. Then teach english abroad until I decide to come home, and teach ESL when I come home. What are your opinions on this?

I know this is a lot, but I'm one of those people who thinks too much and needs a lot of input on her ideas!

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
>\-|

~Sara~

Return to Index › Considering ESL teaching career - Teachers discussion

Go to another board -