TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Heilongjiang International University
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-12-13
Re Heilongjiang International University

I'm not trying to be smart here, but 'work under the same principles' or 'principals'?

#2 Parent BeenThere - 2016-12-13
Re: Re Heilongjiang International University

Thank you for warning other teachers.

#3 Parent RedFAce - 2016-12-13

I had exactly the same experience. Not with this University but another: Jilin Huaqiao College of Foreign Languages. Aparently both private University work under the same principles: the have a nice attitude in the interview, then you ask a couple or reasonable questions and they treat you like you are nobody.

#4 Parent J. R. - 2014-09-10

I had a similar experience. They offered me a job and sent me a contract to sign. After reading through it I wanted a few questions answered. The only answer I got was that 40 other teachers had signed the contract. When I insisted on having my questions answered I never heard from them again. Something is smelly about this place.

J. Gatsby - 2014-09-07
Heilongjiang International University

If you get a job offer from this place read the contract carefully. There are 4 or 5 clauses where they can give you extra work to do that is in addition to the normal teaching hours. Also, pay attention to the breach penalty, it is excessive. They will answer no questions, they won't give you the email of any teacher there nor will they send photos or answer any questions about the apartment. All they will do is tell you that they have 40 teachers and they all think the contract is wonderful. If you persist then they drop you from consideration. One last thing, if you are over 65 make sure they commit to a Z visa before you go to any expense. "Lazy Larry", the assistant there didn't seem to be aware that age is a factor.

Return to Index › Heilongjiang International University

Go to another board -