TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.
#1 Parent Beth - 2014-09-25
Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.

For the last time: university teaching is only the pinnacle of success TO YOU!

I enjoy teaching young learners, up to the age of 17... Working at a uni would exclude the ages I enjoy teaching, so there is no point in me working for one! Just because you enjoy teaching uni, doesn't mean it is for everyone!!

And that is perfectly fine! The world needs YL teachers, it also needs uni teachers! Stop trying to make it sound like one or the other, it's both! And neither is more important than the other.

I'm not the biased one, Turnoi. You are, admittedly so in fact. You have a blanket hatred for anything to do with or has had to do with a TC, that excludes you from any rational or sensible discussion from the get go. What is my bias, exactly? That I expect high standards in the classroom and anybody who wants lower standards shouldn't be teaching? That's not a bias, it's common sense to a real teacher.

PS: love the backtracking on my so called defamation of tourist-teachers, now your little friend has posted that's exactly what teaching in China is to him: a holiday! And the backtracking about those paragons of education, the Chinese public schools whose praises you have so loudly sung!

This is the problem with so many strawman theories at once, it jist takes one match to burn them all and CT is ever so incendiary!

Return to Index › Re Some ideas for a clearer forum.

Go to another board -