TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!
#1 Parent Beth - 2014-09-26
Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!

1: Again, the business part ends the moment you close the door to the classroom. Then the teacher is in control and good teaching can take place. You have to learn to separate components.

a) nobody allows students to be placed at the wrong levels. I agree it is completely unethical and not good for the student and it is why I complained about it when it started happening at EFDL. It is also why I wrote, in my own time, grammar catch up courses for the LTs to use with these students. I couldn't change the policy, but I did what I could to make it better. Nobody is disputing it is unethical, least of all me and was one of the main factors I chose to leave.

b) do make up your mind, Turnoi! Either parents send their children to private schools and it is bad for the kids because they become 'learning machines' or they are wasting their money as you have previously said no learning takes place at TCs. It can't be both!

My opinion is that a good teacher, especially one with a western approach to teaching, will make lessons engaging and fun. I don't think this is a bad thing for a child, certainly a better use of their time than sat watching cartoons at home.

2) there is no question there, just badly worded waffle.

3) nobody said it made sense for good teachers to seek out bad schools to work out. However, if a good teacher finds themselves working at a bad school that is not to say they cannot teach well during their time there.

Nice to see you have been totally unable to respond to my original posts that completely destroyed your original post! Not figured out a way to wriggle out of those mistakes yet, I take it?!

Return to Index › Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!

Go to another board -