TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!
#1 Parent Somebody - 2014-09-28
Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!

And just what is your god, San Migs?

#2 Parent Beth - 2014-09-28

I was wondering the same thing!

I find it highly amusing that the very thing they claim to be out to expose (fake posters) is something they are guilty of themselves! But then they need aliases because otherwise there's nobody to pat them on the back and praise their inane fallacious posts!

#3 Parent MikeK - 2014-09-28

So what I'm trying to figure out is whether MikeK is Silverboy or San Migs/Concerned Teacher
in yet another guise.

I'm certainly not any of the above although somebody could be

To start, I'll just remind you that it isn't all that easy or cheap to replace foreign
teachers.

All I asked was if you would expand on your statement as you are just reminding me of something I have no knowledge of.

#4 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-09-28

I'll just remind you that it isn't all that easy or cheap to replace foreign teachers.

thanks for your "reminder", may I remind you that the Chinese just do not care about replacing an FT, they do care about their bank account however, being China, money is their god, nothing else.

#5 Parent Somebody - 2014-09-27

Would you care to expand on that?

Why should I bother?

So what I'm trying to figure out is whether MikeK is Silverboy or San Migs/Concerned Teacher in yet another guise.

#6 Parent MikeK - 2014-09-27

The problem with TC's is that students are not their main concern, they are just a means to
an end, nothing more, nothing less.

The bottom line is the profit motive, so that puts students before teachers and leads to the
high turnover of teaching staff. A student is never wrong, and it is always the teachers
fault. In fact, I would say that they put the parents first--it is their bank
accounts/credit cards that keep them in business.

Therefore, supermarket english centres like EF should have no place in China or anywhere
imho.

I agree 100%

#7 Parent MikeK - 2014-09-27

To start, I'll just remind you that it isn't all that easy or cheap to replace foreign
teachers.

Interesting opinion there.

Would you care to expand on that?

#8 Parent Somebody - 2014-09-27

The bottom line is the profit motive, so that puts students before teachers and leads to the high turnover of teaching staff. A student is never wrong, and it is always the teachers fault.

This is such an over-simplification of basic economics, and even the situation in chinese training centers, its not even funny.

To start, I'll just remind you that it isn't all that easy or cheap to replace foreign teachers.

#9 Parent Concerned Teacher - 2014-09-27

The problem with TC's is that students are not their main concern, they are just a means to an end, nothing more, nothing less.

The bottom line is the profit motive, so that puts students before teachers and leads to the high turnover of teaching staff. A student is never wrong, and it is always the teachers fault. In fact, I would say that they put the parents first--it is their bank accounts/credit cards that keep them in business.

Therefore, supermarket english centres like EF should have no place in China or anywhere imho.

Return to Index › Re Good and decent teachers should NEVER work for bad "schools" like EF!

Go to another board -