TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re On dating Chinese students
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-10-14
Re On dating Chinese students

This topic isn't exactly one of my favourite topics that I am interested in.
But with all the stupid moralizing inputs on that topic on here in the past, I would like to post the link below and recommend this article as a mopre well-balanced view on the matter that could put things in a better perspective.
Thus, dating one's own students is not necessarily "unethical" in itself, but it certainly is unprofessional (a student depending on a teacher) and highly problematic (it will not be you but the girl facing the hard consequences of gossip and social discrimination in a country like China).
If you cannot see these points and act accordingly, then you are too "selfish" and unprofessional in your role as a teacher and should not work in education at all!
That's, simply put, the essence.

Hahaha! Your sharp sense of the ironic again Turnoi. Remembering your chums the recently departed(hope they return) Silverboy and O'Shei. Do you remember how you supported them through thick and thin when they were challenged by shocked other posters regarding their language that would make a sailor blush? Do you recall the wicked evil things they said about women? I remember well the old onions you would come out with "It's not for me me moralise" and so on. You supported them well by not challenging them. Upon occasion you would even come up with rich little jibes against women yourself. You have a very convenient memory. You have no right to speak about a teacher's behaviour with his students. There is no base man on the planet whom you wouldn't support as long as they supported you- it's as simple as that to you.
Return to Index › Re On dating Chinese students

Go to another board -