TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Chinese women and the entitlement mentality
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-10-26
Re Chinese women and the entitlement mentality

Intelligent people also apologise from time to time if they have been wrong. You'd think a certain gent would be prostrate at your feet by now. Maybe some intelligence is lacking.

Oh, out of curiosity after writing the Chinese in my last post I ran it through that gent's 'google translate' I'm sorry to say that it gives one no indication what it means at all hahahaha! So it may not be a question of intelligence so much as knowledge. Maybe google translate is having an off day though. I'm sure it's like the rest of us haha!

#2 Parent Beth - 2014-10-26

. I will not associate their good names with the drivel you post about private schools on this board.
A point worth highlighting to the mods/owner of this board; good, decent reputable schools will not advertise or post here while you allow the insulting nature of the regular posters when it comes to private schools to continue unchecked. The schools I know would not want their names associated with this board thanks to the childish insults and questionable options of the regular posters on here.

I do my best to try and counter their bias and idiocy and show that real teachers are not like them, but until the bullying of anyone posting something positive is stopped, this board will continue to be simply a playground for Turnoi and his gang of tourist-teachers to back-pat and validate their own opinions. Not a place for decent teachers or schools to exchange teaching ideas, give support or provide (good) advice to those just starting out. (for the record, simply saying "private schools are bad" does not constitute good advice Turnoi!)

This board could be so much better if the bullying and obviously trolling posts were stopped.

#3 Parent Beth - 2014-10-25

iIntelligent people know to differentiate and know exactly when they should take something at face value or not.
Well, you can't be very intelligent then as you are completely unable to differentiate considering you have admitted in the past you have a blanket bias regarding private schools!

Being able to take things at face value in principle makes life much easier. But in such areas like the rotten ESL industry, especially in China, so full of lies, cheat and deception you should never take anything at face value.
Again, some... Not all. And furthermore, my school (which you don't want to take 'on face value' is not in China. You hate all private schools anywhere (except for some reason those ones in Ethiopia, that your chum works at, despite it being the exact same set up as my current and previous European schools!)

It's worth noting, however, that it is only positive reviews or experiences that you refuse to take at face value. Negative views you fall over yourself to agree with and support, despite having no personal experience of the school or the poster to endorse the claims. But then hypocrisy is your forté!

That's common sense, and since a rotten industry like ESL attracts various kinds of low-lives with a low mentality, you should never take anything at face value.

No, having a healthy dollop of caution and doing your research is common sense... Blanket hatred based on nothing but opinion is foolish and ignorant. And the 'low-lives' you describe are those tourist-teachers you're so chummy with, who use teaching as a means to fund their extended holidays of drinking, relaxing and chasing women, (all of which are perfectly acceptable pastimes if you're on holiday, but not acceptable for reasons for getting in to teaching) not because they care or are passionate about teaching.

People with personality and ego issues, therefore unemployable somewhere else, are not uncommon in ESL. There are all kinds of losers in this highly unregulated industry,
Back to saying I have an ego because I say I'm good at my job?! I am good at my job, I am fully trained, fully qualified, have numerous years of experience, I am versed in all international ESL exams and I am a fully trained oral examiner for Cambridge ESOL. I spend my free time doing personal development; just yesterday I attended a UCLES seminar in Valladolid about maximising reading/writing skills in young learners. Saying I am good at my job is a fair assessment. Saying I am a better teacher than the people who think teaching is doing one lesson plan for multiple classes and who are only there for an 'easy life's is also a fair assessment. The losers you describe are those tourist-teachers. Your chums on here, in fact.

As for reviews on the internet of my schools... The fact there are none on here should speak volumes as it seems the only people who come here to review do so for negative reasons, to warn people away. The schools I have worked for in Europe have been wonderful places, that retain teachers for many, many years. They do not have a high turnover of disgruntled tourist-teachers, they only hire dedicated, professional, qualified real teachers, so why would any of them appear on a board whose regular posters (that would be you) would do nothing but insult them and call them GWs for saying something positive?

You are happy to take at face value any negative review of any school as it fits with your perception and your bias, any positive review is met with accusations, insults and childish, willful ignorance.

So that is why there are no reviews on this board. I'd write them myself, but we all know you'd use that as an excuse to bluster about the numerous things you have done in the past including (but not limited to)

-Cambridge ESOL not being reputable
- The British Council not being reputable (unless endorsing it backs up one of your chums, whose endorsement of TBC as a regulatory body completely contradicted your own ramblings)
-The DELTA not being a good ESL teaching qualification to attain.
-National regulatory bodies such as AISLI and NABSS not being reputable.
-English Literature degrees having no relevance to English teaching.

Now, I know all of this blustering was attempted in the vain hope you could discredit me, something anyone with a modicum of actual teaching knowledge saw you fail spectacularly at... But still, I see no point in reviewing my schools on here just to open them up to further, misguided ridicule as you attempt (again) to make out I know nothing, support language mills, view education as a business and all of the other frankly ludicrous claims you've fabricated in the past.

The schools I have worked for have excellent reputations in their area's. They have no trouble attracting teachers or keeping them once they arrive, they produce excellent exam results and have students that start with them as children and continue to return well in to theiradulthood. They offer scholarship places for low income families and the education of their students, and continued professional development for their teachers is their top priority. I will not associate their good names with the drivel you post about private schools on this board.

Return to Index › Re Chinese women and the entitlement mentality

Go to another board -