TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-11-12
Re Teaching the under-10 age group.

"...he was a psychologist, and lacking in knowledge in regard to the field of linguistics." Your statement needs challenging because you may be unaware of the elements that may constitute a psychology degree. The field itself is vast and those undertaking degree, right up to PhD level may cover major aspects of linguistics as part of their courses. I know I did as we did work on psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics in studying educational psychology. Sure it will not be as comprehensive as a major in the topic - in the same way that those studying linguistics as a major could choose to do units in psychology and language or social psychology. As this was an area of great interest to me at the time I did wider reading and research in, for example, semantics, syntax and phonology.

I always try and avoid rubbing salt in the wounds, especially when the 'Arion hortensis' have all been nobbled anyway by a well-placed saucer of brown ale; but IMHO that is a disadvantage of going for fast-track linguistics degrees at The Bangkok University- they do have the tendency to leave out things. Otherwise he would have known all that.

Return to Index › Re Teaching the under-10 age group.

Go to another board -