TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Age restrictions in China
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-11-16
Re Age restrictions in China

I offered clear advice, anyone who isn't trying to be intentionally argumentative can see that.

I advised against TCs because I feel the hours would be too intensive for someone approaching 70. I said also that the amount of unqualified teachers would likely annoy somebody with the OPs experience and qualifications as much as it did me and the other qualified teachers I knew in China.

I also suggested university hours might be more agreeable and that the OP should contact a few universities directly to test the water.

This is clear, concise advice.

Not everything needs to be a long winded rant about TCs in China, Turnoi.

You should also note that I have been the only person to give the OP advice about TCs, seeing as how that was the OPs original question.

But then you are so fixated on challenging anything I say, I can see how that would slip your notice.

You gave good advice considering the thread originator didn't provide any details. Perhaps he'll reply with more details about his likes and dislikes-and indeed his physical condition; for all we know he may be as fit as a butcher's dog in spite of his age, and long hours is just what he needs. Without knowing more about what he wants, I would stand by what i said and he should galvanise himself and apply for everything. He sounds thoroughly mature enough to reject what wouldn't fit his needs. There's a lot to be said for training centres as opposed to cold windy Chinese university corridors, when you're getting long-in-the-tooth, mind- not to mention, they have no lifts to the fourth floor, which you often have to go up and down, down and up when you change classes- in one block then the next. They will ask him for CV's and stuff.

#2 Parent Beth - 2014-11-16
Re Age restrictions in China

I offered clear advice, anyone who isn't trying to be intentionally argumentative can see that.

I advised against TCs because I feel the hours would be too intensive for someone approaching 70. I said also that the amount of unqualified teachers would likely annoy somebody with the OPs experience and qualifications as much as it did me and the other qualified teachers I knew in China.

I also suggested university hours might be more agreeable and that the OP should contact a few universities directly to test the water.

This is clear, concise advice.

Not everything needs to be a long winded rant about TCs in China, Turnoi.

You should also note that I have been the only person to give the OP advice about TCs, seeing as how that was the OPs original question.

But then you are so fixated on challenging anything I say, I can see how that would slip your notice.

Return to Index › Re Age restrictions in China

Go to another board -