TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Pre-print version of my book
#1 Parent yu2fa3 - 2014-12-03
Re Pre-print version of my book

Yea no once cares. How about translating something like the Godfather or Seinfeld for Chinese people. That's real culture.

Occasionally I write every day Chinese which he never answers because he can't-he's the one that is the fake. He's a google translate fake- a cut&paste fake. If he's the qualified Chinese as a second language teacher he professes to be he should be able to help out with an FT who wants to say 'nip down to that plant shop for me and pick up that sansevieria that caught my fancy and on the way back can you give a lift to Bill, the bloke with the wooden leg who'll be standing outside the fish&chip shop wearing a blue bandanna and a scruffy pair of sandals, please.' Now if I put that into pinyin (characters no good because he can go to google translate)- if he doesn't ignore it he will try and bluff it out with a load of nonsense. Yet he will quite happily display German and cut&paste Ancient Chinese, to excite us with.

#2 Parent Curtis - 2014-12-02
Re Pre-print version of my book

Yea no once cares. How about translating something like the Godfather or Seinfeld for Chinese people. That's real culture.

Return to Index › Re Pre-print version of my book

Go to another board -