TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › New to China and loving it
#1 Parent Sludge - 2014-12-04
Re New to China and loving it

Assuming you are from the UK did you complete the Z visa process there?

Blue - 2014-12-03
New to China and loving it

Hello everyone. First let me say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

I am 45 years old and a retired police officer who began teaching. I decided to research China and see if it would be a good fit for me. I have been here a few months now and LOVE IT! I am grateful I found a wonderful school that is owned by a husband and wife team. From the moment I spoke with them months before my decision, they never pressured me into anything. They were honest and supportive throughout the Z Visa process which was relatively easy, just time consuming.

They picked me up at the airport in Shanghai and paid for our hotel rooms to spend the night. Once we arrived in Xuzhou the next day our 1st priority was to get the residence permit. I have since received my residence permit and my FEC. The owners told me that I would not work until I received my temporary residence permit but I would start being paid as of the 1st full day I was in China. I have never had a problem with getting paid on time and the job they located for me is just amazing. I am working in a heavy machine production company teaching the top management business and conversational English. I have a total of 8 students and teach 4 hours per day. Two 2 hour classes with no office hours.

They also supply me with a large 2 bedroom apartment.

I would say to anyone deciding to teach in China make sure you get the Z Visa before you arrive! There are plenty of scammers out there and I was fortunate to be patient and found the perfect fit for me.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at nick1049@gmail.com or you can check out my youtube video diary I just started in the link below.

I wish everyone the best! Talk soon

Return to Index › New to China and loving it

Go to another board -